Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice hockey games in Munich (EHC München)

418 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I just wondered if TT people knew any of the EHC players personally. It seems there are a lot of Canadian/ Canadian born people (~12) on the team. So I thought chances might be high they are also on TT. My colleague is a very loyal fan and had been so for many years. As his birthday is approaching I wondered what my chances are to get in touch with one or two players. I'm no psycho nor is my colleague. He'd just be dead impressed if he had a chance to shake hands with some of the players, Mr. Kevin Lavalle in particular.

So if anyone knows the players would you mind asking them politely if my colleague could drop by after a (successful) game to say a brief "Hi" and to shake hands? My colleague is a very nice and genuine friendly guy and he'd be sooo impressed. It would just totally make his birthday. He has his seasonal ticket for all the games so entering the stadium is no problem. I just don't want to sit outside in the dark and jump on the players when they leave the match as I think that is a bit rude. So I thought I could politely ask.

Can anyone help? I'd appreciate it. Please pm if you can help.

Regards,

Jean-Louise

EHC have continued their impressive start to the season despite suffering numerous injuries. They have topped the table a couple of times this season, and are currently in 3rd place. This is beating all expectations the team had after their promotion to the top league.

A huge derby game is coming up next Friday against Augsburg Panther.

Friday 5th November at Olympia Eisstadion.

The game promises to be a sell-out and only around 600 tickets were left as of last week. (€15 for a standing ticket)

Game starts at 20:20, but if you have a standing ticket, I would recommend getting there at doors open time in order to get your space. (Doors open 90 mins before face-off)

This match is also live on Sky for those who can't make it.

Future games live on TV are:

EHC v Straubing Tigers (21st Nov @19:05 on Sky)

EHC v Krefeld Pinguine (30th Nov @19:30 on Eurosport)

My family and I are travelling to Germany early next year and decided it would be fun to go and watch the ice hockey game as we haven’t got an ice hockey rink near where we live. We decided to watch the München vs Düsseldorf game at 7:30pm on the 14/1. We would like to know;

1. Will we need to pre-book the tickets or buy them at the game (we would like to be seated during the game)?

2. What time should we arrive to watch the game if we are buying the tickets at the door or if we have pre-booked tickets?

3. Approximately when will the game finish?

4. How long does it take to get from the stadium to the Munich Hbf station?

5. We are hoping to catch the 1:34am train from Salzburg to Venice on the 15th. I can see from the DB Bahn website that there is a train leaving Munich Hbf at 22:46 which will get us to Salzburg in time. My question is Will there be enough time after the match to catch the train to Salzburg.

Thankyou for your help,

Traveling Australians

Hi TA's

The Düsseldorf won't be a sell out, and you should be fine buying tickets on the door before the game. I'm not sure if the seating area generally sells out or not, but the majority of people stand (well, it's more like leaning as you have a nice rail in front of you to rest against). Prices are as follows :

Seating:

€26 or €32 for an adult seated place depending on the area you choose. Kids are €15 and €18 in the respective areas.

They also do Family tickets of varying kinds depending on the number of adults / kids I believe

Standing:

€15 for adults, €6 or kids.

With the game starting at 19:30, if it doesn't go to overtime, you can expect it to be finished by 22:00 if not a bit earlier. A 5 minute sudden death overtime session will occur in the event of a tie after regulation, followed by penalties if still tied. This could last another 20 mins or so.

The Stadium is a 5 minute walk from the underground station at OlympiaZentrum. From here you are only 10-15 mins from Hbf on the U-Bahn which runs every 10 mins. You have to change at Scheidplatz, but the trains interchange at the same time, so you just cross the platform and get on the other one waiting there.

So, I would say in order to get to you connecting train, I would leave on the 22:00 train from Olympiazentrum. Assuming there is no overtime, you will see most, if not all of the game.

Feel free to come and join the small ex-pat community that goes to the games (we always stand).

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Monky

PS. Great derby win for EHC against Augsburg today (in overtime!) in front of a sellout crowd of 6217 !!!

EHC v Straubing last night, tied the game and went into overtime.

So then when over time ended, it went to penalty shots.

42 - YES Forty Two penatly shots later, they lost :(

Yep, was a great game on Sunday (2-2 after regulation ;) ). Bavarian derbies will always attract a bigger away support which helps with the atmosphere.

There is always some kind of police presence there, and the bigger the expected crowd, the larger the number of police. I've never actually seen any trouble at a hockey game (off the ice, on it is a different matter), so I assume it's a city or league requirement and definitely precautionary for them to be there.

München v Augsburg has a kinda spill over in the fans from the football. The police are there as a precaution, the fans are pretty good at policing themselves and cant remember there ever being any riots. If fans get out of hand (which can happen) then the police resolve the issues promptly :)

A fun game, Elwing needs more protection in the EHC München goal - the visiting teams are now just taking liberties. Nice touch (well in the media) that Cortina gives the 3 penalty shot to birthday boy Kevin Lavallee... I was hoping it wasnnt gonna take 42 shots to end it!

The win takes EHC back up to 7th in the league. Next home game is Sunday night against Nürnberg.

EHC are back up to 5th in the table right now. After 2 road wins, they face off at the early time of 13:30 on sunday against the Hamburg Freezers...

For those of you who dont know your munich ice hockey history, the Hamburg Freezers are in fact the old Munich franchise that got moved by AEG to Hamburg. There'll be no love lost on Sunday as EHC München (in 5th) take on the freezers (bottom of the table)

Next few games :

HOME : Mittwoch 05.01.2011 20:20 EHC München - Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg

AWAY : Freitag 07.01.2011 19:30 Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers - EHC München

HOME : Sonntag 09.01.2011 18:30 EHC München - Eisbären Berlin

The away game is in nürnberg on friday, easily done on a Bayern card :)

Poots

I went to my first EHC Muenchen game today and I was impressed with the game and the crowd as well. I grew up in Boston and have gone to many NHL and College games, but I had just as much fun at today's game, although I wish we had gotten there earlier for standing spots with a better view.

Hey Mike :)

We're normally stadning around block M. Sometimes try and get there earlier to reserve some space, but depends on time.

Tongihts its EHC v Wolfsburg who are currently leading the DEL. Not sure whats gonna happen after we got tripped up by Hamburg last game

I went to watch my first ice hockey game last night (EHC vs. Wolfsburg) but don't really understand what happened at the end to make Wolfsburg win 4:3. Whatever it was it was clearly controversial as the EHC coaching staff stormed the ice to confront the referees.

Could someone please explain?

Regarding to this sundays game, what is the best time to arrive at Olympiapark? It will be my first hockey game attendance.

I went to watch my first ice hockey game last night (EHC vs. Wolfsburg) but don't really understand what happened at the end to make Wolfsburg win 4:3. Whatever it was it was clearly controversial as the EHC coaching staff stormed the ice to confront the referees.

Could someone please explain?

During a penalty shot, if the goalie dislodges the goal from its moorings before the shot is taken, a goal is awarded. In this instance, EHC's goalie slid to save the shot and in doing so, moved the net. Extremely controversial decision to award the goal, especially considering the goal had been dislodged a couple of times during the last period resulting in the eismeister to come on and try and secure it better. The shot had also been taken as far as I could see, and he slid into the post after the save was made. The EHC coaching staff insisted on a video replay, but the referee was firm in his decision.

Regarding to this sundays game, what is the best time to arrive at Olympiapark? It will be my first hockey game attendance.

The game starts at 18:30, but it promises to be busy, especially in the home north end. It's a special 10 Euro entrance fee for this game if tickets are bought in advance from the EHC Fan-rep, otherwise normal ticket prices apply. Link to EHC news article Apparently discounted tickets can still be picked up on Saturday and Sunday, between 07:00-14:00 from Fan rep "Bambam" at the H & H Gas Station (Dachauerstr.558) for anyone who wants to save a fiver.

Vergünstigte Karten für "Standing Ovations" können am Donnerstag, Samstag und Sonntag von 7-14 Uhr in der H&H Tankstelle (Dachauerstr.558) bei unserem Fanbetreuer Bambam gekauft werden.

So, regarding your original question, I would say as early as possible if you want to stand at the north end. Probably doors open time, 90 mins before face-off. Pootle generally gets there about then and we stand in block M right at the end of the row, by block L, about 10 rows back if you want to join us. Stadium plan The later you leave it, the busier it will be, so if there are a few of you, get there early, if only yourself, you should be able to squeeze in on a row.

Hi.

My name is Neil Edwards and I am in Munich for 3 weeks on business from the UK.

My second job is as a sports journalist, specifically ice hockey. I play (goalie) although now only at recreational level but I have played for the Sheffield Steelers in the UK Elite League (top League in UK)

I will be attending the game this Friday in order to do some player interviews but I would also like to speak to some fans.

I am the European Editor of Pro Hockey News (www.prohockeynews.com) and I would also like to speak to anyone who would be interested in working for me as a writer for the site. PHN is one if the biggest independent ice hockey news sites in the world.

It is good to find this place and be able to converse in English, although I speak a little German, interviews would be better in English so if you fancy being interviewed or writing for me please get in touch.

Thanx.

:-)

Hello,

My name is Mauricio, I'm from uruguay, I never been in a Hockey game, we don't have ice and snow :P

but I very interesting in go to one game to have that experience, I will be living here in munich for 2 months.

When, where and which time is the next game?

How much each ticket cost?

Thank you very much!

The next game is tonight at around 19:00-19:30 start I think.

You can tickets in town and the game is at Olympic park.

See you there!

:-)

@Mauricio : Yes, the next game is tonight starting at 19:30. Standing tickets are 15 Euro and can be bought on the door. The North side is where the majority of home fans stand, but it normally gets quite busy down there so you'd need to be there earlier. Take a scarf or something to 'reserve' your standing place once there.

@Nemesis : I think people are already speaking to you on the clubs forum, but hope you enjoy the game. If I'm there, I'll be with Pootle.

Remaining home league fixtures:

Freitag 14.01.2011 @19:30 EHC München - DEG Metro Stars

Freitag 21.01.2011 @19:30 EHC München - Iserlohn Roosters

Freitag 28.01.2011 @19:30 EHC München - Straubing Tigers (DERBY!)

Freitag 18.02.2011 @19:30 EHC München - Hannover Scorpions

Freitag 25.02.2011 @19:30 EHC München - Adler Mannheim

Sonntag 13.03.2011 @14:30 EHC München - ERC Ingolstadt (DERBY!)

Hopefully there will be some play-off games after this too.