Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice hockey games in Munich (EHC München)

418 posts in this topic

Cracking game this evening. Shame they lost, but they were so in it. Sunny_me - what happened to you? waited 15 minutes at the ubahn exit with Chewy and Cannuck :(

I guess I'll go again on the friday in the middle of oktoberfest. I wil update this thread later this week.

P

Oh I am so sorry. I didn't think u would wait for me. I went there with 6 of my friends and we hav already met before 6:30. Reeeeeally sorry.

When I said I'll be there, I meant I'll be in the stadium as well...

was a fantastic game, was it?!!! Was great to watch that!

Last night's game was probably the 2nd best game I've seen since I've been over here. The best being a game in Köln last year. München really deserved to win the game. The 2nd goal by Berlin was totally offside. The ref should be shot! I wonder how much Berlin paid him to make that call??

My plan is to the head to the game on the 24th. Finally have found what I think is one of the better plots to watch the game up the top of Block N.

post-20-1095156556.jpg

If anyone else is intrested in going, slap a message here.

P

Sounds good, although the game won't be as good as the one on Sunday.

As Chewy is counting down the hours...so am I. About 16hours until Canada is World Hockey Champions!

What time is the game cannuck? more to the point whens it gonna finish? 16 hrs, thats 4am? guess the games in foreign lands.

It starts at 7pm tonight in Toronto. 6 hours time difference. So that means it starts here at 1am. If the bar is still open, I might watch the start of it live at the Arc. If Harry lets me...

Hmmmm... Could be up for that. Cannot be any worse than watching Augsburg playing at the moment.

Must check the AEV schedule and I will let you know

Hey,

Crawlie - EHC München are scoring goals and winning games ;)

Jooly - not sure where I am going to be on the 17th, maybe have to disappear to london for a leaving party , wil know more nearer the time

Anyone going along on sunday?

P

Looks good from my side. AEV is playing in Berlin (another defeat no doubt) so I will make my way over to the stadium..

Urrrmmm... best not wear any of my Augsburg jerseys then... ;)

Meet at the ubahn exit at 1730???

Augsburg is always good around december time when the xmas market is on, and the gluhwein is out. Are there any good games around then we can do a TT trip too?

P

Just had a quick look at the game plan. The following games would be possible although I would strongly suggest the Augsburg v Ingolstadt game. Plenty of local rivalry so should be a really good atmosphere (They played against each other on Friday and over 6000 turned up for the game which we bloody lost of course). And Ingolstadt have a couple of NHL stars in their line-up who signed for them once the Lock-Out was confirmed - Marco Sturm (San José) and Andy McDonald (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).

Anyway the possibilities are:

Sunday, 28.11.04 - Augsburg v Düsseldorf - Face Off at 18.30

Friday, 10.12.04 - Augsburg v Iserlohn - Face Off at 19.30

Sunday, 19.12.04 - Augsburg v Ingolstadt - Face Off at 14.30 (will probably be shown live on Premiere)

I think we should organise a trip for the last one. Will be a laugh!

Crawlie

Augsburg v Ingolstadt - sounds like a good game. Might be an idea to get some tickets before hand though, its going to get full!

P

No worries. We can order the tickets online (looks like Augsburg has finally arrived in the 21st century) so let's see who would be interested and get the tickets.

Good game last night, lots of goals as munich won 10-5.

Not sure if I will be going next week as I am flying back from London on the sunday.

P