Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice hockey games in Munich (EHC München)

418 posts in this topic

Great party. They rode the open top bus from Olympia Park in the pouring rain. Frei beer! great cake, great celebrations. The special edition of AZ looks fantastic too. 2 new signings confirmed tonight - Mike Kompon & Neville Rautert.

bring it on! (especially schiß augsburg)

Great video recap of game 3 in schwenningen

Preseasons are being talked about, but nothing officially announced by EHC yet

What is being talked about is the fact that EHC have not been granted a licence to play in the DEL. At present the bleak outlook is another season in the 2nd division.

EHC München didnt get their completed paperwork / money in on time - The DEL put out press release saturday night to say there would be no EHC.

The full car wreck of a story, with possible rescue scenario is all in az, sorry too blah about the whole thing here to write it.

Alle Kriterien erfüllt

Der EHC München hat heute die Eingangsbestätigung für die Übersendung der notwendigen und auch nachgeforderten Unterlagen von der DEL erhalten. Der EHC erfüllt damit alle Voraussetzungen für die Aufnahme in die DEL. Somit kann bei der nächsten Gesellschafterversammlung, die am kommenden Donnerstag, den 27. Mai stattfindet, bereits von DEL-Gesellschaftern die Wiederaufnahme des Lizenzierungsverfahrens beschlossen werden. Dafür muss die DEL das Thema EHC München kurzfristig auf die Tagesordnung setzen. Dies kann mit der Zustimmung aller Gesellschafter geschehen. Eine Entscheidung zur Wiederaufnahme des Lizenzprüfungsverfahrens kann durch Beschluss mit einer einfachen Mehrheit getroffen werden, da für eine Wiederaufnahme weder eine Änderung der Satzung, noch der Lizenzordnung erforderlich ist.

„Wir haben in der vergangenen Saison die sportlichen Voraussetzungen für den Aufstieg in die DEL geschaffen. Nun haben wir auch alle strukturellen, wirtschaftlichen und finanziellen Vorgaben erfüllt und mit einem realistischen und soliden Budget die Ernsthaftigkeit dieses Vorhabens dokumentiert. Die notwendigen Voraussetzungen für einen DEL Spielbetrieb im Olympia Eisstadion werden derzeit durch den EHC München in Zusammenarbeit mit der Olympiapark München GmbH geschaffen“, so EHC Geschäftsführer Jürgen Bochanski und weiter: „Nun ist die DEL am Zug. Wir appellieren daher an die Verantwortlichen, diese sportliche und organisatorische Aufbauarbeit nicht auf der Zielgeraden scheitern zu lassen und bereits am kommenden Donnerstag die Weichen für die sportliche Zukunft des Vereins zu stellen."

I've had one club shutdown on me as a fan, I've had one that really didnt get started. Now please, let this promotion through....

Leagues, they like buses - they always come in pairs.

Now the austrian league which already had outside teams taking part (from HUngary, Slovenia & Kroatia) have said that they would like EHC München in their league - it would make for some great away weekend, but the local derbies would not be as good.

The DEL people meet again Thursday...

I think business-wise it would be smart of EHC to stay in the 2nd Liga for the next season. They need a brand-new rink or to renovate their current rink heavily if they have any chance of staying afloat in the DEL. I'm not going to pay inflated ticket prices to stand in that piece of shit rink. Sorry. It's getting late for them to get the machinery in place to start recruiting players for the DEL next year too. They are deciding everything too late in my opinion. I'm sure the players also feel like they're in limbo too long.

Yep stay in the 2nd league and lose all the fans - thats not good for the club. Sport wise they have earnt their place in the DEL. If they stay in 2 then I guess you can kiss goodbye to most of the team and Cortina. Lets see what happens next

The latest news came today.

The DEL have taken the application from EHC München into their due diligence process(Lizenzprüfungsverfahren). If they get past this, then they are in the DEL for the next season. This final check should be finished by the end of June.

Intrestingly (and blatently stolen from the EHC münchen fan forum - which got it from a wiki) here are the budgets for the teams for 2009/2010

Etat-Übersicht der DEL-Clubs 2009/10

Club Etat 2009/10 in Mio. €[4] Veränderung gegenüber dem Vorjahr

Adler Mannheim 8,0 ±0

Eisbären Berlin 7,5 –0,2

DEG Metro Stars 7,1 –0,1

Hamburg Freezers 7,0 –0,1

Kölner Haie 6,0 –0,5

ERC Ingolstadt 5,7 –0,5

Frankfurt Lions 5,0 –0,2

EHC Wolfsburg 4,5 ±0

Hannover Scorpions 4,4 [5] –3,1

Iserlohn Roosters 4,1 –0,4

Krefeld Pinguine 4,1 ±0

Nürnberg Ice Tigers 3,5 –1,3

Straubing Tigers 3,3 –0,4

Augsburger Panther 3,1 ±0

Kassel Huskies 2,6 –0,5

Ligaschnitt 5,06 –0,21

If EHC are rumours to be spending around 3.5 million for 2010/2011 we are in that bottom range and beneath the average(but still in a similar range to our neighbours).

Fingers crossed everything gets workout and that our position gets confirmed at the end of the month

Poots

Munich are in the DEL!!!

EHC erhält DEL-Lizenz

Der EHC München hat auf der heutigen Sitzung der Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL) in Köln die Lizenz erhalten und wird ab der nächsten Spielzeit in der höchsten deutschen Eishockeyliga antreten. „Ich bin sehr glücklich, dass dieser Schritt nun vollendet wurde. Jetzt gehört München, auch im Eishockey, zu den Besten und wir werden alles daran setzen, uns in der DEL zu etablieren“, so EHC Manager Christian Winkler.

HURRAH HURRAH HURRAH!!! :)

p.s. I can now edit the thread title now

EHC have confirmed the following presason games on their website

Freitag 06.08.2010 20:00 EHC München - Augsburger Panther

Sonntag 08.08.2010 18:00 EHC München - Hannover Scorpions

Freitag 27.08.2010 00:00 EHC Black Wings Linz - EHC München

Sonntag 29.08.2010 00:00 Straubing Tigers - EHC München

There'll be on the road in a preseason competiion between games 2/3. Otherwise, EHC!!!

Provisional fixture list, depending on what happens with Hannover and Kassel....

Should also be a friendly with Straubing on August 10, according to their homepage, but Munich's homepage seems to know nothing about it....

Pre-season hockey starts friday night.

Freitag 06.08.2010 20:00 EHC München - Augsburger Panther

Sonntag 08.08.2010 15:00 EHC München - Hannover Scorpions

Dienstag 10.08.2010 20:00 EHC München - Straubing Tigers

We'll be standing in the usual place in "Block M" - have a listen for the english speaking people or send me a pvt msg for a mobile number.

Poots

opening game of the season is Sunday at 7pm against Iserlohn Roosters. Will be at usual spot in "Block M"

Poots

tickets on the door :)

4 pt opening weekend for EHC München. Lost in overtime at Mannheim, and a win at home against Iserlohn.

Ref had a complete inability to call Too Many Men on the ice last night, was just too comical.

Next home game - Friday night against Krefeld Penguine, faceoff 19:30

I heard prices have gone up, but have season ticket so wasnt paying so close attention to single tickets

EHC München Prices 2010

Standing used to be €13.50 I think, which is now €15

Poots

A 4-1 win at home against Krefeld on Friday put Munich top of the DEL!! :D

However a 4-1 loss away to Hamburg on Sunday moved them back down to 4th. Still, a brilliant start for a promotion team.

Next game is a Bavarian derby at home to Nürnberg on Sunday 19th Sept. Face-off @ 18:30.

Last year tickets were €13 for regular season standing, but up to €15 this season. Still excellent value if you ask me.