Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy organic foods in Konigstein area

11 posts in this topic

I have just moved to the Konigstein/Kronburg area with the family I work for as a nanny. Could anyone help me find a Bio supermarket in the area? I am aware that REWE and Tengleman carry a small selection but am looking for something more...Many thanks.

I think there's a DW in Kronberg and although they're more of a health food/chemist they do stock some organic stuff... not sure if this helps?

Do you have a car? If you do theres some great farms that sell direct on the outskirts of Wiesbaden (think the one I went to was called something like Mechtetshild, near a US base)

Thanks! Don't have a car yet but it has been promised! The farm thing sounds great so will look into it.

It is fab- I went there a couple of weeks ago and bought loads of organic cheeses, bread, fruit, veg, meat and it was such a gorgeous place- they also do wines and cosmetics. They have a stables there too that peope rent for their own horses and there's a cafe to chill in- its a gorgeous courtyard

From Google:

Name: Grüneburger Naturkost

Straße: Grüneburgweg 78

PLZ/Ort: 60323 Frankfurt

Telefon: 0 69 - 95 50 22 29

Name: Querbeet

Straße: Dorheimer Str. 107

PLZ/Ort: 61203 Reichelsheim

Telefon: 0 60 35 / 92 00 75

Fax: 0 60 35 / 92 00 76

E-Mail: service@querbeet.de

Homepage: http://www.querbeet.de

Öffnungszeiten: F-City Kleinmarkthalle; Hasengasse 5-7, Mo-Fr 8-18 Uhr, Sa 7.30-16 Uhr, F-Bockenheim Bockenheimer Warte Do 8-18 Uhr, F-Zeil Konstablerwache Do 10-20 Uhr, Sa 8-17 Uhr, Offenbach Wilhelmsplatz, Di,Fr,Sa 8-14

There's a brand new one in Oberursel at the Holtzweg traffic circle.

When it replaced a grim computer store, I saw it as the first sign that the economy was tangibly improving.

N.b. Everything's superexpensive, but if you're already living in Koenigstein, then what the hey ;-)

I've actually quit lurking just to answer this post! Konigstein has an excellent farmer's market every Friday morning. In addition to the fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods and cheese, there is a bio stall that sells bread, vegetables and various other items.

We've recently moved from Konigstein, so the Hanau farmer's market (the largest in Hessen) is closer, but I miss the one in Konigstein. It had everything we needed without being too big.

Additionally, there is a Reformhaus across the street from Tengelman.

Hope this helps,

Ramona

Many thanks to all that have posted help!! (also for the playgroup info) Any other info that you might feel is usefull please pass along!

There is also a TeeGut in Kronberg, on Frankfurter Straße next to the Deutschebank.

You can also go to the market there on Saturday morning which is also good.

We also get a fruit and vegetable box delivered on a Wednesday from http://www.novum-gemueseabo.de/ which is great.

Just stumbled across a small organic Supermarkt in Bad Homburg - didn't write down the name (D'oh!) but it's on the right-hand side of the Marktplatz (just off the Schloss end of Louisenstraβe) - you can't miss it. Lovely middle-aged lady runs it. And how about this? - friendly "hello" and smiles from a German shopkeeper! :blink: Worth going there just for that.

Good selection of breads, fresh and cured meats, dairy products, cooking oils/vinegars, veggies and dry/tinned groceries. Certainly an order of magnitude better than the Bio section in your average Toom/Rewe/Lidl - and also better than the selection in the Kaufhof and Karstatd food halls (wonderful though those places are for most other edible goodies).

Also has a small selection of organic wine.

Prices didn't seem too horrific - especially considering the location . . . . LOL

Kuzzer