Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Math classes and tutoring in English

6 posts in this topic

Hi, wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I am looking to improve my math skills and eventually my abilities in financial analysis / accounting. But my basic math is pretty poor and I'm looking to improve in this area.

Does anyone know of or ideally recommend math classes / tutoring in English in or around Frankfurt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Too bad I'm in Munich. By basic math, do you mean financial math formulas, calculus, or algebra? To be honest with you, so much is done today with Excel spreadsheets and financial calculators at the basic level. If you are going to work with derivatives, you'll need more than what is usually considered basic math. The accounting classes I have taken at the Masters level did not require more than basic arithmetic as far as I can recall.

Hi!

what do u mean by basic math? i.e. University level or school level

What area? i.e. statistics, alegbra etc

I have studied maths in both my masters and undergraduate so might be able to help you out.

I guess what I mean is on the road to GMAT preparation, but I would also like to get more comfortable with basic math, leading to accounting. By basic math I mean the skills required in the GMAT, for lack of a better definition. Since there doesn't seem to be much in the way of English language part-time / executive courses in these areas, I'll look into an online course from a provider like the university of Phoenix (http://www.phoenix.edu/), and maybe supplement it with tutoring. Anyone doing any cool online courses? Ultimately i should just learn German so I can take courses in the native language.

i know a guy professionally tutoring and assisting students up to their dissertation in maths, physics and i think other things as well. he is located in frankfurt, bornheim, close to the bergerstrasse. if you are still looking for somebody let me know and i'll get in touch with him.

Hello

I graduated from State University of New York with highest distinction in mathematics.

I can get perfect scores on the math SAT as well as on the math section of the GMAT.

I can teach you basic math skills.

I live in the Frankfurt area and am available on Sundays.

Please let me know if you are interested.