Children's book readings for the kids in Hannover

7 posts in this topic

Most Saturdays, Escape Books has a children's reading hour at 10 am, where an English native speaker (whee, tomorrow's my turn again!) reads books to children. A snack and some games are also included. Attendance costs €3.

The store is in Oberstraße 8 in Nordstadt, just around the corner from Christuskirche and just off of Engelbosteler Damm.

You can check out their website for exact dates. And you can come tomorrow to hear me make a total fool of myself. What can I say, I love hamming it up for them. (Oh yes, tomorrow's theme is dinosaurs. :) )

Cheers,

Fairfax71

Hi Fairfax - the readings sound great - will definiitely take my little half-german along after we move to Hannover in mid-July. Although I see from the website that there are no readings during the Niedersachsen holidays, the start of which coincides with our arrival. Still in chilly and rainy Scotland until then.

M

Hi Fairfax - the readings sound great - will definiitely take my little half-german along after we move to Hannover in mid-July. Although I see from the website that there are no readings during the Niedersachsen holidays, the start of which coincides with our arrival. Still in chilly and rainy Scotland until then.

Hi Martin,

No worries. Once the holidays are over, of course, then we can hook up there.

How old is your kiddo? There seem to be a number of people with small children floating around. Maybe we could get a critical mass to organize a playgroup or something. Our kids are 3 1/2 and almost 2.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

M

Then you´ll feel at home, it´s chilly and rainy here at the moment as well.

Hi again,

Fairfax- Our 'kiddo' will turn 2 the day after we arrive in Hannover (we're going to the zoo)

Willum - Gee, thanks for the weather report. Of course today it has been warm and sunny here (first time since about April).

See you in H

Martin73

Fairfax- Our 'kiddo' will turn 2 the day after we arrive in Hannover (we're going to the zoo)

Ah, maybe you can drop us a line when you're here. Our kids like to go to the zoo, too -- we've got an annual family pass. :)

Weather's improving, too -- warming up and we're getting more sun this week. Though it's supposed to be up to 30 by Sunday.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

Hi Martin, didn´t want to dishearten you, it can also be nice here! Next week is supposed to be warmer and (hopefully) drier. We´ve got a garden, you see and I´d rather be sitting in it than watching thr rain from my window.