Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spooky coincidences

27 posts in this topic

As you may know, My Nana Passed away today...

Later this afternoon, I received a Picture from a friend that they had taken with their phone...

As far as I kno, they hadnt heard of my nanas death, nor did they Know anything about her!

It was a beautiful Lilly...

So what!! you say...

Lilly was my Nanas name... :(

One Monday night I dreamed that my then boss, a very well-known lawyer, was behind a closed door that I knew I could not open. The following Wednesday my co-worker called at 7am and asked if I had read the paper. I said no but the boss is dead.*

Seems he had been buried that Monday. Dunno if that's coincidence, I have a few stories of such dreams.

* He had lung cancer and had been slowly dying for a year or so.

I once had a terrible feeling that something bad had happened, thought no more about it done my usual shopping trip with kiddo( Yes I used to be a Haus-Mann, which I really enjoyed) Went home , my sister phones up as soon as I get in the door" Dennis is dead( Brother-in-law). Ohh I thought! Bad joss!

But then I´m Scottish and we are a bit strange. :blink:

when things like this happen, I like to think that there are angels, but others will say I am off my rocker as there are is no such thing as ghosts, spirits or angels... well, I believe.

Grinner, your nana was saying good bye. Enjoy the moment and go to the window look up at the stars and say whatever you needed to say, she will hear it.

I've had a couple of experiences like that. Once when I was about 13. I dreamed I saw someone falling from a tall building with lots of balconies. It was a strangely intense dream, and I kept thinking about it the next day. Then that evening, there was an article in the local evening paper about a boy from my school who had died in a stupid, tragic accident the previous night - he had fallen to his death from a balcony of the high-rise hotel where he was staying on vacation.

My other dream concerned someone I used to know, but had been out of touch with (and hadn't really even thought about) for many years. One night I dreamed I was walking along a leafy lane, with the sun shining through the trees. There was an atmosphere of deep calm and tranquility. I was part of a group of 20 or 30 people all strolling along singly, or in two's and three's. I recognised some of them as belonging to the circle of acquaintances of this guy I used to know. Anyway, the guy appeared alongside me in the dream, and we strolled along together, exchanging a few words, then he said he had to move on and catch up with some people ahead of us. He seemed to be making a point of talking briefly to each of the people in the group. As we parted, he said he would say goodbye to me now, as he had to turn off at the crossroads ahead, while I would have to continue straight on, so we wouldn't see each other again. That's all there was to the dream, but it had such an intense quality, that I still remembered it a year later, when I bumped into an old acquaintance. I asked him, "Oh, by the way, how is so-and-so (the guy I had dreamed about)?" The reply was: "Oh, didn't you know, he died of a heart attack a year ago". I couldn't remember the exact date of my dream, but from what my acquaintance said, it must have been around the time (give or take a week) that the guy died. Another odd thing about the dream was that (as I later discovered) the setting was quite similar to the street where this guy had lived.

In both cases, the deaths were sudden and quite unexpected, and there was no way I could have known about them at the time of the dream. Of course, it could all just be coincidence, but it makes you wonder...

BTW, if you think you've read these stories before, it's because either you're a girl, or you're a guy who has sneakily been reading the Ladies' forum. :lol:

Grinner, your nana was saying good bye. Enjoy the moment and go to the window look up at the stars and say whatever you needed to say, she will hear it.

That´s very poetic, Carm and I feel like you do about it... Truly sorry for your loss, G.

About a year ago a friend from home died in suspicious circumstances. Anyway I was at home on Christmas Day and I was looking through some old photos and stuff to show my girlfriend, when I came across a collection of very early Batman comics all condensed into one book which my friend had given me as a loan before he died. I looked inside the front cover and he had written in childish writing his name, address and the date. It was Christmas Day 1989.

Condolences Grinner. Grannies are great.

I had a dream about two years ago about a very bad car accident on a road in Vermont very close to my aunt's house. In the dream, the paramedics, for some reason, felt they could not get to the hospital in time and brought the driver of the pickup truck to her house to try to save him (my aunt is a nurse). The driver was a 19 year man/teenager. The dream was very graphic and very detailed. Two days later, I was reading the Vermont news on the internet and there was an article about a car accident 2 days earlier where a 19 yr old man had died driving his pickup truck in the town she lived and on the road that I had dreamed about.

Weird and creepy.

I had a dream where I saw my ex-girlfriend boning her ex-boyfriend, then I woke up, went on a mission (iraq) came back to base and found a letter on my cot, it was from her, and in the letter she told me how she had gotten back with her ex.

This dream happened again with another girl, I woke up in the middle of the night, i shook her awake and told her "I already know, do you want to come clean?" she started crying and confirmed my dream. Crazy... isn't it?

Not at all, I have had a similar dream. Made me realize that the guy was more important to me than I thought, thoroughly rattled me.

A couple of things have happened to me. I'm not sure what to think.

First off, I woke one night at 2.10am with intense toothache. No previous pain or dental probs. Got up, took painkillers, sat about holding face for a bit and then went back to bed.

Early next morning got a phonecall to say my Granda had died in bed, suddenly, age only 68. I have often wondered if me waking up was when he died? I had no more tooth ache.

The 2nd incidence really freaked me out. I was 6 months pregnant and had an appointment with a fortune teller. I had been to her twice before and she was very accurate. I go really for fun and don't take it too seriously. She had never told me anything about dead folk or contacts from the 'other' side before. Not that I would have believed it anyway. Or so I thought!!

On this visit however, the moment I walked in she went all strange. Started lighting Sage and told me she had in intense headache, a psychic headache she said. Unknown to her, my hubby's aunt had died that morning after a 5 year battle with cancer. We weren't particularly close but we got on really well!! Anyway, the wifie starts saying, 'not now, later'. She told me that a spirit was trying to get through and wasn't taking 'no' for an answer. Usually she does tarot cards, runes etc and at the end of the reading she asks if you have any questions. But this 'spirit' wasn't going to let that happen...

She started talking to the 'spirit' and I was like, oh yes very good. What's this all about? I thought she was a bit crazy to be honest. The fortune teller told me that I had to listen and then she told me that I had to tell the family that this was what 'she' wanted, to be at peace, etc, etc that they should be please and not mourn. I asked 'who' and I was told 'Jean'. Yes, the aunt who had died that morning.

It is all recorded on tape and you can here me gasp at this point. She then went on to talk exactly like Jean using phrases she used, but kept on telling me I must tell the family.

I was freaked out to say the least. I never really believed other folks stories about dead relatives. But this had to be true. A ring was described with a light blue stone as well which was true.

I couldn't initially tell anyone, they would think I was mad. And why me? She wasn't my close relative. The fortune teller said the connection was so strong because she hadn't passed over yet!?! now she could...

Spooky but comforting.

My family had a black cat, which we called Shadow, which my sister took with her when she moved out. She had been in the family for a long time (the cat, not my sister), and was always nice to have around - she was part of the family.

A few years back, I saw a cat which looked a helluva lot like Shadow as I was walking to my old apartment in Bogenhausen. I thought it was strange, because I never saw many cats, much less black ones, around my apartment block. The next day I got a message from my sister saying the Shadow had died the day before. Very spooky...

Work this one out...

I called and orded a bouquet of flowers for my mum today...

They arrived...

There were many types of flowers... But just 1 single lilly!!

My friend from London called me a few weeks ago. First thing I said to him was "Emo, is somthing up with you and Kate?" Kate being his missus. We talk on the phone all the time, he has never mentioned problems with his wife before and I have never said anything like that to anyone before. I just had a feeling something was wrong. Something was up any my mate is divorcing his wife as she has been cheating on him. I reckon I probably subconciously picked up on something in his voice, although his mom is fighting cancer so I guess if he had sounded upset that should logically have been my first guess.

I had a dream where I saw my ex-girlfriend boning her ex-boyfriend, then I woke up, went on a mission (iraq) came back to base and found a letter on my cot, it was from her, and in the letter she told me how she had gotten back with her ex.

This dream happened again with another girl, I woke up in the middle of the night, i shook her awake and told her "I already know, do you want to come clean?" she started crying and confirmed my dream. Crazy... isn't it?

Yeah, I had a dream my now-ex was going to break up with me, the next evening he told me he needed a "break". Very strange. I guess I need to trust my intuition more.

Today is my last day of self-employment. A colleague/customer asked for my calling card. I looked in my wallet and pulled out what turned out to be the very last one.

How's that for coincidence?

Certainly had the experience of knowing that a letter was waiting for me as I approached the post box - from someone who had never sent me a personal letter before. Felt like butterflies. Pressure in the gut. It was a letter that I did not welcome.

After splitting with a boyfriend years ago we both had difficulty letting go. Picked up the phone on SEVERAL occasions to ring him and he would already be on the line without the phone my end having rung. Before we split up, we had been geographically distant. He made a habit of coming miles down the motorway unannounced to see me. But I knew he was coming on those occasions. Again, the butterfly feeling in the stomache.

My first love kept impinging himself on my conscience years after we broke up, to the point that I wrote to him. Turned out he had just divorced and was feeling suicidal. He said later my letter was what stopped him harming himself. Also had the same thing with the other boyfriend when he lost both his parents within three weeks of each other. Seemed to know he was in trouble after years of no contact.

Elephants and long sub-sonic waves and bushmen come to mind. They are supposed to be able to communicate over distance. Otherwise I have no explanation as to how this works.