New in the Regensburg area (or new to this forum)

99 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Moved to Regensburg a few weeks ago and started doing a German Language course so have managed to met a few people that way but my choices are limited so I wanted to do a bit of networking on Toytown. If anyone fancies grabbing a beer one afternoon or evening let me know! Also if anyone has any tips on their favourite bars/clubs in Regensburg that'd be great.

I'm also looking for work so any advice on that would be much appreciated!

Well if he met you last night I'm guessing he now knows where all the gay bars and clubs in town are...

But for a good irish pub where there's always english speakers hanging out, head to Murphys Law on Spiegelgasse.

Well if he met you last night I'm guessing he now knows where all the gay bars and clubs in town are...

I only passed on the info you gave me.

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi newbi here introduced myself in the intro area already...anyone wants to meet for coffee or else? also looking for new friends for my kidos and myself...kids are 13 girl and 9 son and 44 mom :D let´s enjoy the nice weather thats hopefully coming...until then

Currently working on restarting the midafternoon english stammtisch. Also tomorrow night there is a meet up at 8pm in Murphy's Law, although that will be all adults. Also in the top right corner is a search feature and type in regensburg and a few things will pop up . I do believe there is a mothers group in there some where. Anyway do not be surprised to see this thread merged. Good luck and welcome to regensburg/Ringspurgt.

Also you are in the Franken/Oberpfalz region.

Anybody out there or any group meetings in and around regensburg?.Would be keen to participate as i m new here, although i was living in frankfurt for 8 months..

Kris

Hi everybody:)

I'm new in Regensburg, lived before in Vancouver, London and Berlin. So...anyone want to meet up?:)

Drop me a line:)

Melanie

fraumelifrey@googlemail.com

Hi everyone! Im new to this area, I will be in Vilseck in less than a month, so lets be friends. Im always down to grab a beer and catch a soccer game. I know the English Premier League so hopefully i can get some help catching up on the german leagues. Im 22 and have no kids, or a wife for that matter actually. So drop a message so i can hit the ground running.

Cool, if you're on Facebook, look up "Regensburg English Stammtisch." We can catch you up on the Bundesliga, no problem. There are also quite a few EPL fans, you can usually catch the English games on at Murphy's Law Irish Pub.

and the Icebreaker, the new international bar has opened its gates! Engelburgergasse 18. meeting point for nationals and internationals

Hey guys, does anyone know of any available jobs for an English speaking person who is new to Regensburg? I have a student visa and English is my first language. My German is quite basic but I am learning, but I really need a job. Thanks.

and the Icebreaker, the new international bar has opened its gates! Engelburgergasse 18. meeting point for nationals and internationals

What IB fails to mention is that it is locked away from the main streets and thorough fares so it is quite hidden right in front of you. Which makes it so great . I like going there and being anonymous to people watch. Come spring and summer its like sitting on your front porch. Staff is nice and I got overly excited last time I was in...they have an espresso machine that looks like it can meet my demand. I do need to try the shots out to see the pour. I haven't yet because lets be honest I loves Helles. Anyway i recommend but please dont feed the artists.

Also I currently recommend using the WC here.