New in the Regensburg area (or new to this forum)

99 posts in this topic

Dude they show it . Well maybe we can make it a gathering next week for it. Ill talk to michael about it.

Edit: Are you the dude that hangs with christipher?

No, thats not me. I dont know who Michael is, tonight was my first time going in there. Yeah, let me know, I'm down for any game. Preferably Redskins or Jets though :)

Talked to Mike last night and he said the games will be on. BillyCrystalz(Chris) will probably be there with me as well maybe one or two others. If you want to meet up with us let us know dude. Cheers.

Also don't forget to check out the Thanksgiving day meet up thread.

Billy crystalz should be there by 6pm and I will be there earlier. We should be in the main room(front room).

Hi Regensburger Toytowners,

I recently moved to Regensburg from the Bavarian Forest and don't know very many people here yet. I am originally from the UK and so would love to hook up with people who I can 'practice' my English with (I have been living in Germany for 6 years and miss the contact with fellow english speakers) but also who I can have fun with. I have already heard that there is a group of you in Regensburg and would love to hook up with you at your next meeting.

More about me: I am 29, female, love being outdoors, just started climbing, like to have fun.

I look forward to hearing about your next event soon and meeting a few of you there.

Morwenna

Morwenna

Hi, I would say watch this thread: http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156275 about the Monthly pub quiz at Murphy's, and also this thread: http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=162314 for going out to dinner, which is when most of the people around here get together.

There are also a couple of other things going on, if you are interested, and its a good bet that if you go to Murphy's Law, you will find some of us there.

Hi Regensburger Toytowners,

I have already heard that there is a group of you in Regensburg and would love to hook up with you at your next meeting.

A bunch of shirkers from what I heard of that lot. Which is one of the reasons I tell the cops why I carry a bat around when they stop me. That and Ich bin touristen?!?!

Oh, and watch out for a guy called Perdido! He usually has weapons on him. He's from Portland, so I guess old habits are hard to break!

Greetings all,

Newbie-ish.

Moved here from NYC with my native Regensburger and our child last winter, hibernated and have been settling in oh-so-slowly-and-ambivalently over the rainy summer.

Having procrastinated in some key aspects of the Eingewoehnung, I'm now faced with a fast approaching expiration date of my Int'l Driving Permit, a driver's license from a "non-reciprocating" US state, and thus the dreaded task of applying for a deutsche Fuehrerschein.

Any recommendations on how to go about it with minimum pain (to the wallet and clock?) Sympathetic/decent driving schools? Tips/warnings?

looking forward to getting acquainted with the community!

Same problem here. I'm to the point where I'm ready to take on the system. We should compare notes. I have my license translated already. This gal did it for 36.68 Euro.

Translation-Services Lowatzki

Dechbetten 18

93051 Regensburg

tel +49-941-22918

fax +49-941-270666

mobil +49-171-6924071

mailfax + voicemail +49-32223712763

translation-services@t-online.de

We've contacted them ( DL Dpt.) several times and get different answers on requirements every time, but the basics are consistent. Picture, translated licence, visa / passport , etc. I'm going in with my Bavarian wife and let her do the talking while I play stupid!!! That seems to work best with the system here...lol. I will let you know what I find out, as far as requirements go.

I'm now faced with a fast approaching expiration date of my Int'l Driving Permit, a driver's license from a "non-reciprocating" US state, and thus the dreaded task of applying for a deutsche Fuehrerschein.Any recommendations on how to go about it with minimum pain (to the wallet and clock?) Sympathetic/decent driving schools? Tips/warnings?looking forward to getting acquainted with the community!

I organise my German license last year, so I am assuming much has not changed except that for Australian license holders now it is much easier and cheaper to obtain a German license :), not sure what is the requirement for USA citizens.

The first thing was to find a driving school.

Due to my limited German I looked for an English speaking instructor and found:

Peters Fahrschule

Weißenburgstraße 10, 93055 Regensburg 0941 793388

If you need automatic transmission then:

Schöfl Fahrschule‎

Steinmetzstraße 8, 93049 Regensburg‎ - 0941 22822‎

They can give you a list of things that you must complete before your exams.

*License translation- ~20 euros (or less, I can't recall) at ADAC, I did it close to the Arcade (behind the Train station)

*Organise First Aid and eye tests- I did both at the Train station building. It was not very expensive.

Theory

I bought just Q&A questionnaire (not the book) in English ~80 euros from Peters school, if you wish to buy mine I can sell it to you

for 30 euros. This questionnaire is good enough to pass the theory exam, however I must let you know, you must learn the answers

by heart, because many Q&A have no logic. The questionnaire contains every possible question in the actual exam.

IF you opt for the German exam is much much cheaper than the English one.

Practical

The school pretty much determines how many lessons you must complete before booking your exam. The lessons were very easy however the exam

was not... I failed on my first go because I just could not understand what the examiner was asking ~35min exam. Apparently the practical exam must be in German. But the second time I did the practical exam in 10 minutes, the examiner spoke to me in English and it was very quick.

The cost depends on how many lessons you must prepare for and of course if you fail the test/s.

If you need any further detail/info. just PM.

Best of luck

should you guys need any assistance with the questionnaire (or just wanting to discuss the reason behind the questions ;) just let me know