Furniture shops - recommended stores

34 posts in this topic

Hi all,

we'll be shortly starting to furnish our newly purchased apartment... the big luxury item we are allowing ourselves is leather couch (probably a two seater) and a matching armchair.

We want one that is fairly contempory in design, one with a relatively low back that you can put your arms up on when kicking back to watch tv... in a fairly dark brown...

I've seen the one at Ikea, it is fairly close to what we want, but not quite... they also have a nice one in KARE, but the seat part of it seems very short, to be honest they both feel a bit 'waitingroom-ish' to me...

So far, people have recommended a shop called 'blue'(?) near lindwurmstrasse... but i haven't tried it out yet...

Anybody have any other suggestions? what about Who's Perfect?

The going rate for such a couch and chair sems to be a little over a grand, we might smidge a little bit more for the right pieces though...

Also, as we'll be buying a new bed and other miscellanious furniture, does anybody know if these shops are open to negotiation for big order discount?

The furniture-free way to relocate to Germany

Relocating to Germany and looking to furnish your new home?

Why not rent your furniture and electric appliances from us here at the Furniture Leasing Corporation?

We can offer you:

• Short-term and long-term rental options
  • Fast delivery and set up at a time and place to suit you
  • Your choice from a wide range of furniture and electrical appliances

Visit us at furniture-leasing.net for more information and a free no-obligation quote.

Click on the banner below to view our online furniture catalog.

flc-2015-480x297.jpg

This is a paid placement posting.

I recomend Who's Perfect they have a sale on at the moment on about 30% of their stock, very modern and very well made, they also have great lights and dining room tables at a very competitive price.

post-16-1095697605.jpg

Ok, first off is Blue Möbel, website is terrible, but would recommend a visit to their showroom on Kapuzinerstr 20. Take the bus from haputbahnhof (I think the 58) and walk from the aberitesamt.

Secondly, take a visit to Bo Concept at SonnenStr., worth a look opposite from the post office there.

Thirdly, there a semi designer furniture place up on Stigalmeirplatz, just norh of the Lowenbrau place on the right hand side, various stuff at different prices

Failing all that go to Karstadt at Therisenwiese... lots of large scale selections for various wallets

Hope thats some help

P

I recently moved and have NO furniture... while the minimalist look is nice, the air mattress is wearing on my spine...

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a bed and mattress? I have checked IKEA, but there was really nothing that impressed me too much. Even a second hand bed is fine, basically just something with a good mattress.

While I am on the subject... anyone know where I can find a good schlafsofa???

Segmüller just off the Passau Autobahn on the east side of Munich have an ENORMOUS range with styles and prices to suit most. Much of their product range is available to take away on the spot. Business-wise they're not doing too well, and between you, me and the rest of Toytown you can often negotiate the price down somewhat - they're depserate for sales...

YL6

At Segmüller you can hire a van by the hour to get your stuff home and Karstadt will deliver quite a few things free of charge (and bill you later for it - handy if you want to spread the cost over a month or two).

You could also try BoConcept - scandinavian (but not ikea), simple but looks good - not too expensive either.

Spent loads with them but love all of their stuff. Most of the furniture in my flat is from them so at least it all matches!

Only downside is that you have to wait 6 weeks for it to be shipped from Denmark.

post-16-1095697863.jpg

BoConcept - München

Sonnenstr. 23 (Zwischen Sendlinger Tor & Karlsplatz)

80331 München

Tel. + 49 (0) 89 5488 4990

Fax + 49 (0) 89 5488 4991

Email: munchen.de@boconcept.com

l also looked at Who's Perfect, lovely stuff but pricey.

I recently picked up some chairs and a bench from Möbelum. They have a lot of natural wood furniture, plus couches, cabinets, upholstered stuff, etc. Good quality and reasonable prices. Their store is behind a gas station in Milbertshofen at Ingolstädter Str 8.

Looking for alternative stores to buy good couches and bed frames for a good price. We've looked at Ikea already and just want to see if there's something else out there in Munich.

Also, any of these stores open tomorrow during the holiday?

Thanks.

Topics merged by admin

You live in Planegg? There's a shop in Martinsried. used to be called Scan Möbel or something, above the Obi.

I think now there's a Möbel XXL there, also around about where the Obi is.

We got a bed sofa from Möbel Max across from the Ikea in Eching.Well priced and good quality.Also you can hire a van from them to transport it cheaply too.