Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to watch American football in Nuremberg

30 posts in this topic

Hello!

I live in Erlangen so not sure who is showing it in Nürnberg, but you can always watch it on German TV on the 1st channel... or at least thats what I did last year - I had to work the next day like this year so couldnt really get out and drink until 4 or 5am, then head to work at 6:30am (teaching so cant sleep at my desk). If your from the States and are also interested in all the commercials, then it´ll take some getting used to the German version...

If I remember right during the breaks they just showed live video from the stadium with no sound... which make the game seem much longer if you are at home at around 2am. But hey, it´s the Super Bowl!

Yeah I know that the erstan is showing the game . I was just wondering if any of the pubs in nuremberg would be showing it. Murpheys here in regensburg has sky but do not know if they are willing to stay up all night.

Hi! I'm an American girl that has been DYING without seeing any NFL or NCAA games this season... please tell me someone is showing the Superbowl this weekend somewhere in Nürnberg! Thanks :)

You can watch the Superbowl from home every year. It is shown live on the first or second channel every year, so you may wish to record it.

NFL season starts next week and dont forget Murphy's Law in Regensburg shows the NFL. Two large screens in back as well as a smaller one in front. You can buy Helles by the pitcher there(Schneider Weisse) as well as buy Kneitinger bier there.

It ain't a sports bar but I have AFN at home in Ansbach and I am there most Saturdays and Sundays...anyone interested in watching a game that you can't find anywhere else shoot me an e-mail..

Hunt2871@aol.com

I'm going out on a limb here with only one weekend of successful viewing under my belt... but it is possible to view the games from home over the internet (which you can of course hook up to your TV if you have the right cables and compatible equipment).

I was tipped off to a website, channelsurfing.net which airs just about every NCAA game broadcast (even regional games), with the exception of the Big Ten Network. This website also is handy if you are looking for other sporting events (I tipped off an English friend about its excellent soccer and rugby coverage), and even TV and movie channels. The one minor inconvenience has to do with your IP address-- this site really does not get along with "foreign" computers tuning in-- but that is easily overcome by downloading encryption software like the excellent (and small sized) Hotspot Shield. This Saturday was the first college football I've seen in over 13 months, and I was making up for lost time, watching from 6:00pm to 3:00am, and if I had more coffee, I would have watched more! Success!

Given its bargain-basement website look and, ahem, questionable popup ads, my guess is that these guys are, at best, quasi-legal. But really, who cares? I can watch NCAA and NFL games from my own home!

g

How is Finnegans for watching the Super Bowl? Any input? Or where else will be showing this year? Thanks!

I use THIS site for watching off a stream. Bonus is that it is free!

well, that is a given, especially since it is on the net this year - but the question is about watching in person at a pub!!