Songs that bring a tear to your eye

95 posts in this topic

I picked up my mothers things last April. Among the items I found a number of Schellack records. I seem to remember the gramophone but looks like it has gotten lost to time. But I managed to find one which, if memory serves, should be the same device. A HMV 109, I repaired it and restored it and now I can listen to my mum’s old records.

On 16.6.2007, 11:21:15, sarabyrd said:

Mike and the Mechanics, In The Living Years

Because I grew up apart from my father and there would have been so much to share. We had a wonderful day together just before he died, but there could have been so many more ...

Yeah, that one hits me too.

I lost my grandmother a year ago everything brings tears to my eyes altoughh i dont listen to music anymore.

Apparently, in some official circles in the UK, there are now 100 genders amongst humans. Blimey, I must have missed that in my courting days!

Edit: apologies! Posted on the wrong thread!🤭

On 6/6/2022, 8:09:32, john g. said:

Apparently, in some official circles in the UK, there are now 100 genders amongst humans. Blimey, I must have missed that in my courting days!

Edit: apologies! Posted on the wrong thread!🤭

Just read last night in the NYT: apparently 0.1% of births in the US are given by person who happen to be (legally) men.

Apparently we should no longer say a pregnant person is a pregnant woman, this person could well identify not as a woman.

I consider myself liberal, tolerant, progressive and everything, but... a person who gives birth is not a woman???:blink::unsure:

If you, like me, finds this odd, risk being labeled as homophobic.

Back to the thread, songs that brings you tear:

Auschwitz

My older brother was a great Buddy Holly fan, he was taken by cancer at the early age of 45, this song always reminds of him...

On 6/6/2022, 8:09:32, john g. said:

Apparently, in some official circles in the UK, there are now 100 genders amongst humans. 

Fine.

And my gender is Fahrrad. After all, if anyone has the right to stand up any time and claim ... I identify myself as...(fill the gap with anything you want)... I have this right too.

But I wish society didn't care about gender. Why should we?

And I wish we care about biological sex, the one dictated by your chromosomes at the time you are conceived. And, correct me if I'm wrong, one cannot change chromosomes. Luckily mother nature still has boundaries neither society nor laws can mess with.

5 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

Fine.

And my gender is Fahrrad. After all, if anyone has the right to stand up any time and claim ... I identify myself as...(fill the gap with anything you want)... I have this right too.

mine too! ❤️🚲 

Tears galore in my eyes, HH! Absolutely wonderful!❤️❤️❤️