Where to buy British groceries in Berlin

54 posts in this topic

Changing the subject from beans, a lot of bigger Asian supermarkets randomly stock PG tips. They're not too badly priced either considering how far they've come, think a box of 40 bags usually cost around 2 euros. It's not my brand of choice, but beggars can't be choosers!

Also, check out the GALERIA in Alexanderplatz. They have 3 kinds of Cathedral City NinjaMaus, normal and super strong (in blocks) and sliced. Also, they have a few specialty English beers.

Quite randomly, 2 of the Kaisers in Karlshorst also have Cathedral City in blocks. Lucky me! :)

Now you're talking! It was available in Real as well for a while but I haven't seen it there lately and Edeka is closer anyway.

There is a small shop called Heil Quelle next to the Melbourne canteen in Pannierstrasse Neukölln that is selling now Cadbury chocolates, Vegemite, Marmite, Bovril, Timtams and a few other British/Australian products. Prices are also pretty good.

Also I find Ramsons Asia Laden in Gneisenauerstr. 5 sells a fair few different british and Australian products.

Spotted in my local Edeka...

The EDEKAs (& MarktKauf) around us have their own (sort-of) fresh soups packed as what looks like a short sausage under pressure. The tomatos soup is excellent (3 of us dined off one "sausage" this lunchtime).

The "sausage" is under pressure - carefull when opening it - my wife managed to spray red soup around the kitchen the first time.

The "sausage" is under pressure - carefull when opening it - my wife managed to spray red soup around the kitchen the first time.

too.many.jokes.

I love Aero and Crunchie and Timtams. So I visit these places often when I am in that part of town... Sure beats Knoppers or something.

Heinz Tomato Soup update: 

If there's nowhere local selling it, the following on-line supermarket now has it (a rather expensive €1,99 all the same)...

Click here for soup.

Going to be ausverkauft soon!

Does anyone know if Broken English on Körtestrasse (Kreuzberg?) is already closed, or when exactly it is closing? Will be in the area on 24/5 May.

Or any other shops I could buy British food in that area / around Hallesches Tor / Südkreuz?

On 01/05/2019, 14:22:22, anne k said:

Does anyone know if Broken English on Körtestrasse (Kreuzberg?) is already closed, or when exactly it is closing? Will be in the area on 24/5 May.

Or any other shops I could buy British food in that area / around Hallesches Tor / Südkreuz?

On their FaceBook page they say the last day will be May 29th.

They also indicate that there are some plans for it to re-open or be taken over by someone, but there are scant details whether this will in fact happen.