The "thank you" thread

243 posts in this topic

I'd like to say 'Thank you' to the entrants of this months photo competition for their entries.

I know I said I would't but here it goes anyway - Thank you K. for advising, holding hand and patting head throughout preparation and set up. Guess the Weißbier just didn't cut it. :P

I would like to thank all of those who sent me messages this week (with one exception, and she knows who she is)- there are really times when you need a little love and support, and there are a lot of loving, supporting people on TT.

Thankyou all!

I never saw this thread before! Without the help of TT members, I would be collecting bottles for pfand. Instead I've had a far more bearable existence here due to networking and the help everyone has provided!!! Thanks, and I hope maybe I can be helpful sometime ;)

Thank you "dragonslesson" for taking Harley (the adorable moster-kitty) on such short notice. I know he will be a happy and beautiful cat with you guys. Breaks my heart to let him go but I know he's in good hands. Thanks so much!!!

thank you PandaMunich for your random act of kindness. very thoughtful of you! :)

Thank you engelchen for your concise and prompt advice. You are particularly helpful. Thanks also to other TTers who have been helpful. There are so many of you out there, I won't try and name you all. But I do appreciate the pitching in and sharing of knowledge on this forum.

Finally, thanks for the entertainment (there's been a lot of it lately)!!

Thanks to TTers I feel like I have a place where I feel understood, can vent my frustrations, share experiences, and have a good laugh. I have a limited social network here and although I'm relatively new to TT, feel as though it is a real little community that (for the most part) looks out for one another despite not knowing one another formally. If I have a question about Germany I can usually find an answer here. This is more of a general thank you but of course there are some people who particularly stand out in being there with helpful advice and only a few who want to shoot everyone down.

Anyway, thanks people of Toytown!

I'd like to thank certain members of Toytown who have helped me through my recent UK-based trials and tribulations, they know who they are!

Especially that bloke who is found wandering on our roofs saving us from Jerry telly. He's a bit like an expat Santa Claus.

saving us from Jerry telly. He's a bit like an expat Santa Claus.

I'd never thought of him like that Jeremy - thankyou for putting such a wonderful picture into my mind!

I´d like to thank all of you on Toytown for contributing to this great thing. I´m not really good at this website/non-Facebook whatever-it´s-called thing but I´ve wandered around a few lately by mistake. Even googled Google. Bastards. Didn´t get a reply. Sheer arrogance. Thanks and my Demut.

Jeremy: keep on rockin´, bruv.

Even googled Google. Bastards. Didn´t get a reply. Sheer arrogance.

Ah, that was YOU that put that in the top 5! http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist2010/regions/de.html

Ah, that was YOU that put that in the top 5! http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist2010/regions/de.html

Wish I was that clever, Gwaptiva! Wasn´t me, I swear!! Sleep tight!

I'd like to thank robinson100, whose book arrived in my mailbox so that I can learn a new skill.

Thank you, it was and is extremely kind of you.

I thank everyone that has helped me directly or indirectly with issues about Germany and such (I look for answers that have been posted already before asking them again). Finding doctors that speak English, where to find and buy this or that, and so on. I could actually look all of them up as I haven't been around so long, but I do not think it is necessary.

Then there are others that have not even really helped other than post funny stuff that makes me smile and sometimes even laugh.

I can not avoid thanking by "name" our resident Tax Hero, PandaMunich (also helped me directly in other threads)!

My offer to at least buy you lunch next time I go to Munich is genuine :)

Ivo.

Thank you, Kay, for posting the (embarrassingly) quick and easy instructions for multi-quoting!