Doctor Who (TV series)

204 posts in this topic

SOOOOOOO EXCITED BEYOND BELIEF ABOUT THIS!

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Episode at German cinemas

I'll probably be the only English speaking Whovian attending this event in Berlin

Hmmm? Why? There are a LOT of English-speaking expats in Berlin who happen to be Whovians as well...

I'm attending this with two of my friends! Then back to my place to download it and watch it again.

By the way, it's gonna be OV, no dubbing.

I just watched Prime Suspect 3 from 1993 where the police grilled Vera, a nail biting, wimpy transvestite, played by Peter Capaldi. I thought "that name is familiar". But with a wig and dress on, I didn't make the connection to the next Doctor! Now there's regeneration for you!

However the Prime Suspect series was already guilty of time travel in episode 1 when Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison, played by Helen Mirren, say's "..and don't call me Ma'am - I'm not the bloody Queen!". We know now that Helen Mirren went on to become Queen.

Hmmm? Why? There are a LOT of English-speaking expats in Berlin who happen to be Whovians as well...I'm attending this with two of my friends! Then back to my place to download it and watch it again.By the way, it's gonna be OV, no dubbing.

I guess I have not met any yet then, thanks to this forum I do know that there are a few whovians in other parts of Germany. I'm having an anxiety attack waiting for more details about the pre-sale! I was just going to watch it on BBC one at home but on the big screen will be better! TENNANT IN 3D!!! :D

You can do it online but I'm too much of a tight arse to pay their booking fees and usually pop round there myself.

Beers afterwards probably for anyone that fancies it. Keep 'em peeled for venue details.

How do you know they'll be available tomorrow? Just went over to the cinema website and it says that tickets can't be purchased online. Might have to make my way there tomorrow then

Ok for Berlin, Cinemaxx is now selling them online.

They are going very fast though, and the website is sometimes down, but I was able to buy 3 tickets.

http://www.cinemaxx.de/Programm/Reservierung/1CC93000023JJMSGMG

All cinemas in London sold out in an hour. I was lucky to get two of the last few tickets available!