Doctor Who (TV series)

204 posts in this topic

Oh, god yeah. With Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll" riff. That brings back memories.

Well, it's an interesting decision.

BBC: Peter Capaldi Revealed As Doctor Who's New Lead

Actor Peter Capaldi has been announced as the new star of BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who.

The Glasgow-born star will be the 12th actor to play the Doctor, replacing outgoing star Matt Smith.

I was hoping for a female doctor for a change, but I guess Capaldi will be a good Doctor.

After Sylvester McCoy and David Tennant, Peter Capaldi will be Dr. Who's third Scottish-born Doctor.

For fans of the first two Doctors, there are all kinds of rumours doing the rounds about a haul of recovered missing episodes. The rumours vary wildly from seventeen to as many as ninety recovered as part of a larger haul of missing TV shows as a result of a worldwide search over the past few years. Nothing official has been announced yet, but quite a few reliable people seem to be pretty confident of the recovery.

I love the new doctor who series. It is great. Been watching since the 80s when I was a small child. My favourite being the daleks.

Some of my German collegues are also into it too which is totally cool :)

Really looking forward to the next series. The angels were amazing. I love how they keep coming up with new ideas.

Hello there fellow Whovians! I just recently got into Doctor Who and so I'm glad there is at least one topic about it here...with at least one person that I know ::waves at Sara::. I was wondering if anyone was planning on watching the 50th Anniversary Special on November 23rd since they are simultaneously broadcasting it all over the world. Fox is supposed to be screening it then at 17:00 with the option of German or Original audio. Being that I don't have a telly and given the tradition of sitting with others to watch Doctor Who, I was wondering if anyone was organizing a communal screening of it somewhere in Munich?

EDIT: Just saw that there are some other inquiries about it...although nothing organized! I liked the idea of a Sci-Fi Bar Takeover. :-D

For fans of the first two Doctors, there are all kinds of rumours doing the rounds about a haul of recovered missing episodes. The rumours vary wildly from seventeen to as many as ninety recovered as part of a larger haul of missing TV shows as a result of a worldwide search over the past few years. Nothing official has been announced yet, but quite a few reliable people seem to be pretty confident of the recovery.

wonder if they'll have the yeti?

Being that I don't have a telly and given the tradition of sitting behind the sofa to watch Doctor Who

there, fixed it for you B)

According to The Register

The Radio Times announced recovered missing episodes will be made available via itunes on Wednesday! Very excited!!!

There'll be a press conference about it tomorrow.

here is the link: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-10-06/doctor-who-newly-discovered-lost-episodes-to-be-released-for-sale-this-week

And these recently discovered Dr. Who tapes were found in Nigeria.

What bothers me the most is that I think it's all a scam. <_<

Why a scam? They are available on iTunes since yesterday. I watched them. Wonderful stories!

And if the rumours are true, which I believe, then there are a lot more episodes to follow...

I think you missed my metonymous pun there, Doctor Who. ;)

Nigeria = scams

Here's another one:

Long lost Dr Who episodes have been found in Nigeria. If you want to watch them, just email your bank account number, sort code and mother's maiden name to joseph_abunjahna@gmail.com.

Sorry, carry on.

Why a scam? They are available on iTunes since yesterday. I watched them. Wonderful stories!

And if the rumours are true, which I believe, then there are a lot more episodes to follow...

<crosses fingers> Marco Polo, Power of the Daleks, Marco Polo, Power of the Daleks...

I think Ill be going to see it in the Cinecitta in Nuremberg. Gonna check first to see if its gonna be in Original Version or if they are gonna dub it over in german. If its in german, Im not going to see it in cinema