Doctor Who (TV series)

204 posts in this topic

Oh, what a giveaway (you're right, of course, Lumina!). Though I really also do prefer the character of the Doctor as protrayed by Tennant - he isn't always swashbuckling around but has his darker, introspective moments. That he's also, um, pleasant to look at is neither here nor there. Er - OK, I admit it, that's not true, it's a huge bonus and yes, I'm just another fangirl and "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" (sobs into Nice Cup of Tea).

Since I am a huge fan of the show for many, many years I'm more of a traditionalist and don't want my Doctor to be pretty and self-absorbed like Tennant portrayed him. Matt Smith is a far superior actor. He IS the Doctor, Tennant just played him.

I believe that for Jan and me it is more about Mr. Tennant himself ... Lumina

Oh, what a giveaway (you're right, of course, Lumina!). Though I really also do prefer the character of the Doctor as protrayed by Tennant - he isn't always swashbuckling around but has his darker, introspective moments. That he's also, um, pleasant to look at is neither here nor there. Er - OK, I admit it, that's not true, it's a huge bonus and yes, I'm just another fangirl and "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" (sobs into Nice Cup of Tea).

I agree with you both, I'm a big Doctor Who fan, I love classic Who too, but Tennant is my Doctor, not a fan of Smith myself.

I agree with you both, I'm a big Doctor Who fan, I love classic Who too, but Tennant is my Doctor, not a fan of Smith myself.

Welcome to the club, Dyana :D

Some people will probably get mad at me for saying this, but honestly I am looking forward to the new Doctor (whoever he/she may be). I never really got Matt Smith, although I do find him to be an excellent actor (he got better in the course of the show). I also wasn't a fan of Amy Pond. I love Clara though!

Looking very much forward to the next chapter

Lumina

I'm pretty sure there won't be anyone out there who doesn't already know this, but just in case: Tonight's Doctor Who Prom will be broadcast on Radio 3 starting at 7.30 pm BST, 20.30 sur le continent. Fingers on Record buttons...

Are there any plans in the making for a gathering to watch the 50th anniversary? I'm an American Au Pair, freshly moved into a house that doesn't get BBC One. Does this group do gatherings? Sci-fi take over of a bar with cable and the like?

Welcome to the club, Dyana Some people will probably get mad at me for saying this, but honestly I am looking forward to the new Doctor (whoever he/she may be). I never really got Matt Smith, although I do find him to be an excellent actor (he got better in the course of the show). I also wasn't a fan of Amy Pond. I love Clara though!Looking very much forward to the next chapterLumina

I pretty much agree with all of that, I'm looking forward to a new Doctor, also glad to see the 10th back if only for the 50th anniversary special. I wasn't fond of Amy and especially not River, but I do like Clara quite a bit... I'm quite disappointed that only Comic Con got the exclusive of the 50th anniversary episode trailer :(

I´ve been using smartdns and bbc iplayer to get my dose of Dr Who :D Much better quality than filmon...

If you have German sky, they also show Dr who on Fox. I´m wondering if we will get the 50th anniversary on fox at the same time as the uk (I can live in hope!)

^ Do you not have a way to easily watch the iPlayer on your main TV?

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm not sure about iPlayer, I tried to figure that out but it's not something my family is familiar with.

The question still remains if there is a gathering being planned for the 50th anniversary???

I love Doctor who. I was really upset when BBC Entertainment was no longer available in my area :(

Lo and behold there is FOX! HURRAY! and better still I can also watch in English!! HURRAY! so every Wednesday 20.15 we are tuned into "The doctor"

I have watched it since the 80s!!! I love it!