Doctor Who (TV series)

204 posts in this topic

Loved it! I sat on my hands this week avoiding spoilers ...

The Moff done good.

What to fill the void though :(

No Sherlock - postponed til next year according to Wiki.

Misfits back - but bah no Nathan in season 3.

Ah well daughter now into it so will have to rewatch them all.

I posted this already in the YouTube thread, but thought I would post it here as well. I hate that BBC Wales makes such short seasons :( Hate the waiting :)

We started watching Sherlock (finally) and LOVE it as well. We kept thinking that Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great doctor! Someone said there was a rumor going around that he may play the Master in upcoming episodes though???

Anyway - here is I Can Do Anything Better Than You - The Doctor vs Sherlock!

Exzellent Trailer...can't wait for the new series :)))

The angels have got the phone box....

I'm in the lucky position to see the series premier preview on August 14th at the BFI in London. Looking forward to it!

Wow, "Asylum of the Daleks" on the big screen was excellent. And the actors plus Steven Moffat all sat right next to me (Arthur, karen, then Matt, then Steven)! Also look out for two HUGE surprises in this episode that will melt the internet and be a gamechanger for the whole show!

Sounds cool, and fantastic that you had a great premier. When does the new series hit the BBC?

This Saturday 7.20pm (british time) on BBC1. Can't wait to see it again as it was really, really good!

I watched it. Thought that it was good. What has happened to Davros? Why was he not there?

It was good, one of the best Moffat ep in a long time.

It was entertaining, the visual was beautiful, and Jenna-Louise was a nice surprise.

However, isn't Skaro timelocked like Gallifrey is? I know it's a sci-fi show but, not even a small explanation?

And a Dalek parliament? Wonder what kind of democratic debates Dalek MPs can have.

But still, as I said, entertaining. Can't wait to see how Oswin/Clara will end up being the next companion. Earlier timeline? If so, isn't it a bit (a LOT) like River, for us to know her final demise already?

Just watched it last night (warning, spoiler alert: Don't continue if you haven't seen it)

I thought it was a great episode, as always, always so much to fit in within the short episode time (and shorter these days so non BBC countries can fill in advertising) but certainly entertaining anyway.

I liked the bit at the end which explained how the Doctor became "Doctor Who". That was interesting.

The whole thing left a couple of disappointing questions though.

1) I am guessing Amy and Rory will remain infected with the Darlek nanobots and effectively become Darleks. There is no reason just because they left that the nanobots would stop, though it does seem quite odd that the Doctor just dropped them back off on Earth. Does he really want them to become Darleks whilst there?

2) Relating to that, isn't that the ultimate Darlek weapon and why has the Darleks not used it? All they really have to do is discretely visit every planet in their path (including Earth) and release these invisible nanobots turning the entire Galaxy into Darleks. (the whole nanobot thing is a bit like the Borg from ST though)

3) And finally, that lady (implanted into a full Darlek) done a pretty neat thing wipping out the memory of the Doctor. I am guessing she only came up with that because of the limited time she had, but in retrospect, she had the opportunity to plant the concept of "love" or "peace" into the Darleks consciousness which probably would have been better.

Despite those three points, I really enjoyed the episode. It's just not so interesting to discuss things that worked rather than the odd bits.

And again, so many weeks to go until the next episode. I am very much looking forward to the Christmas special and a 'proper' introduction of 'Dalek girl' ;)

I liked the last episode with the Ponds (I love them weeping angels) and to be honest I wasn't too sad to see them leaving. I have never been a fan of Amy's, but did like Rory. Must be some kind of 'ooooohhh, isn't that a cute little puppy'-thing. But it was nice to see that when the going gets tough Amy does love Rory.

I wonder what's going to happen in 2013. Will there be big events? Lots of special tv programs? Conventions? Guess I have to plan my vacation accordingly :D

Lumina

Loved the Christmas episode, but felt it was too snippy. That could have easily stretched to 2 episodes, I like my companion introductions nice and slow! I like `er!

The Christmas episode was not very original. Too magical! Where they spend ages building up a huge problem, then at the end they say "by the way we've solved it".

The only good bit was Strax the Sontaran man servant. Great comedy.

It was also a prequel of course. But your post is the first negative reaction I've read.

Strax is back later this year with Jenny and Madam Vastra