Doctor Who (TV series)

204 posts in this topic

I know I should reserve judgement until I've seen Matt Smith in action but I have to say I'm not thrilled at the prospect of watching his Doctor.

Still, I was proved wrong by Catherine Tate.

So has anyone else seen the new Doctor? I thought Matt Smith was pretty awesome. A good script helps too, but I think he'll do nicely.

I thought he was excellent (Easter puns aside). I LOVED the new tardis and theme tune. New assistant is great (and hot). I thought the storyline last night was good but I see it as an introduction for Smith and Gillan etc.

Not too sure about the revamped theme tune - that's going to take a bit of getting used to. The new doctor made a very good start, let's hope it stays that way.

We liked it very much.Was a good storyline to start with..New theme = new Doctor but I enjoyed it.

If the old theme tune (the OLD one, not the last-series one) is Stephen Moffat, this new theme tune is Russell T - all bombast and swaggering around and noise compared to the minimalist menace of its ancestor. I like the Doctor though, he can stay.

Not keen on the bow tie! But on the rooftop where he had about 8 ties on at the same time I thought "that's original!"

What do you think of the new DW logo then?

post-7126-12704792620465.jpg 

I'd never seen Doctor Who before (I know, shame on me), but I did enjoy this episode & will keep watching. Obviously, I have no old Doctor Who to compare it to, though.

Not keen on the bow tie!

For us oldies, it brings back memories:

post-5738-12705042179745.jpg

Well, OK, less a bow tie and more a piece of chewed seaweed.

Yes, I think Pertwee had one too. But they stuck one on Smith just to tame his appearance.

Now his new bird in her mini skirt is all right though. I think they got the guy who names the women in the James Bond films to name her though.  post-7126-12705054801955.jpg

Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to the next episode.

"You're Scottish - fry something!"

No, I suspect he (Steven Moffat - the writer of the episode) was having a dig at himself.