Name the movie from the photo stills

17,362 posts in this topic

Has this thread died off? Hope not.. the last one was definitely Silent Running.

I'll take the liberty of adding one of my own, since we're in temporary limbo.

post-160621-13567900781068.png

Nice tricky one that I was looking at some time ago and I wanted to get back to.

Lotte Reiniger's Die Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed (The Adventures of Prince Achmed) (1926). Apparently the oldest surviving animated feature film.

Here's a short piece of the sixty-five minute film:

Ah.. good catch on the Prince Achmed!

As to the new one, isn't that the "space traffic" controller on the Death Star in the original Star Wars?

As to the new one, isn't that the "space traffic" controller on the Death Star in the original Star Wars?

No, he worked for Lando in "The Empire Strikes Back".

Indeed the character Lobot was from the second Star Wars film, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back( (1980), and was played by John Hollis (1931–2005).

Lobot was the chief administrative aide to Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian on Cloud City over the planet Bespin. His brain was connected to the city's central computer which allowed him to communicate directly with the city's computer network. In this capacity, he served as the city's first and only computer-liaison officer.

"Lobot's not the chatty type, but he sure is loyal. And great with computers!" ― Lando Calrissian

Yes, Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012).

Finally got a chance to see it last night. Not bad, a bit slow but an amazing performance by Oscar nominee nine-year-old Quvenzhané ('Nazie') Wallis as the character Hushpuppy.