Name the movie from the photo stills

17,362 posts in this topic

Sorry, Kay you assumed wrong. Also Sarabyrd, you were wrong too. It is Gene Kelly though. Do do do dooo, do do do do do do do do. <-------This bit is the clue.

Anyone want to have a further stab at my pic before it gets lost to those who dont want to trawl through 10+ pages?

It is Gene Kelly though.

Ah, thanks for confirming, I was quite sure it was him.

Let's think... it's not The Pirate (wrong female lead, wrong moustache); the only other one I can think of with period costumes would be Du Barry Was a Lady - is that it?

Actually, it's Singin' in the Rain (1952). Gene Kelly plays Don Lockwood, Jean Hagen is Lina Lamont and Debbie Reynolds is Kathy Selden. The picture above is of Kelly and Hagen who star in a silent picture shown in Singin' in the Rain (a movie within in a movie, naturally) called The Royal Rascal.

Singin' in the Rain is a classic film. ^_^ (♪"What a glorious feelin', I'm hap-hap-happy again!"♫)

Singin' in the Rain (1952) - Scene:

I guess JOB is not about at the moment, so I hope he doesn't mind I toss in this easy one until he's back:

post-9625-1226998331.jpg

This one's got me stumped (don't laugh, Kay :D ). It looks somewhat familiar; especially the face of the guy holding what appears to be a stethoscope around the other guy's throat. Is it a European film or a U.S. one, gaijin?

This one's got me stumped (don't laugh, Kay ). It looks somewhat familiar; especially the face of the guy holding what appears to be a stethoscope

Laugh, moi? Jamais! :D

You're going to kick yourself, FT, you know the actor and the film: it's Miki Manojlović in Kusturica's Underground.

@gaijin

Glad you enjoyed it, it's one of my favourite films (and the music makes it even better).

Here we go, this one is quite straightforward:

post-3591-1227098196.jpg

that looks like Jodie Foster, no clue about the film though.

Little Man Tate? that's a dumb guess. the outfit looks like the ones they wore in A League of their own...

Right actress, wrong film. Clue: that's her work outfit in the film.

post-3591-1227099098.jpg