Followers 0

Irish Gaelic football annual tournament

13 posts in this topic

Ladies team in Luxembourg 2006

post-2069-1181116907.jpg

Mens team in Budapest 2006

post-2069-1181116912.jpg

Fáilte, Wilkommen and a warm welcome!

On Saturday the 23rd of June, the 6th annual München Colmcilles tournament will take place in Munich. We feel honoured to host yet another tournament round and promise one and all an unforgettable day of sport! We would like to invite the great members of Toytown to watch this brilliant game of sport.

Details : On Saturday morning the tournament begins at 10.30am. And you can reach us by following the directions here. There will be both mens and ladies teams from all across Europe taking part. Also on offer are cold drinks stand, Augustiner Helles, Irish Cider and a range of soft drinks, and the best of Italian cuisine from the club's restaurant. The Mens and Ladies final are scheduled to take place from 4pm. Entrance is of course free !

For some information about the Irish Gaelic Football please check our website here, for a description of the game.

About the Club: The Munich Colmcilles were founded in 2001 after a kick around in a local park, after lot of hard work the club progressed to win the European League in 2004. At the moment the club has a men's football, ladies football and a hurling team. Due to a dwindling influx of Irish to Munich at the moment, we are struggling to sustain these teams but as always we are hoping for an upturn in fortunes! The club is also involved in the the Irish culture scene in Munich, St. Patrick's day parade, Irish nights etc. thanks to a very hard working committee. Currently the Mens Team this season has finished first in Vienna and second in Budapest. The Ladies Team also had lots of success this year in Luxembourg & Maastricht .

More info and updates can be found [here]

Mit freundlichen Grüße,

The Colmcilles Committee

logo_phpBB.gif

Ta to the mod for the date change :wub: ! So it's Saturday week week, as we'd say in Ireland, i.e. the 23rd of this month !

hey are ye still looking for players for yer or any of the visiting teams? i was on the website and yer training is too early for me by the time i finish work but I'd really love to kick a gaelic football about again. I might try and make a wednesday training next week if i can. but if ye hear of someone who cant make it and ned to make up the numbers saturday i'd love to join in.

We are always looking for players, esp. this year.

We have training on Saturday at 12pm too if you could make that. But if you want to come down on the day and play, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem (obviously players who have been training for the last few months get the priority for playing).

It's only 11 days until this all kicks off !

This Friday, the 29th June at 9pm on München 2. The TV-Magazin is called “Von 0 auf 89

okay this is the last time I will reply to myself (here).

The event is on in 3 days and everyone (and their dog) is welcome. BBC Northern Ireland should have a camera crew at the games on Saturday too. Games start around 10am and will go on until 4pm or so.

Slán go fóil !

everyone (and their dog) is welcome

Phew. That's all right then. There was me thinking I'd have to stay at home.

hi jamie : As far as I know there will be an exhibition game on Saturday. As for the time, I think it will be in the mid-afternoon.

crusoe-the-amazing-typing-dog ! :D