Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Space saver bags, vacuum compression of clothing

5 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has seen space saver/compression type bags for sale? You know the large bags you stuff full of winter clothes, then use a vaccum to suck all the air out, and reduce it to 3/4's of its original size?

Unfortunately I've left it too late to order off eBay.

post-10619-1180881629.jpg

Or prehaps you have some spare, I could give you a few euros for?

Thanks, but I can't wait for them to come in the post, I'm flying out next week and don't think they'll get here in time. So buying them locally is my only option, or just getting rid of a lot of clothes - I'm moving to Canada, and thought I'd be able to fit more in, since I can take 46 kgs ...

Won't they weigh the same even if you compress them? If the weight is not the issue just get a bigger case or an extra bag.

Weights not the issue, I have two big suitcases, and didn't think fitting it all in would be a problem because of the extra weight allowance hence why I've left it too late. When I moved here I could only bring 20 kgs, and fitted everything in one backpack, but now I've brought a whole lot of winter gear, that I'm guessing I'm going to need in Canada, and its just so bulky.