Best croissants in Munich

24 posts in this topic

Ok folks. I like croissants. Where do you think are the best croissants in Munich? I personally like the ones from Back Spiel Haus but I am sure there are other places around the city with some decent flaky stuff! :D

Trick with bakers in general is to look for the ones that occaisionally have a lorry delivering flour parked outside. Often indicates quality stuff inside.

Bagels dearest tartan.

Frankly I like the croissants in our canteen at work.

Sadly the croissants do not like my waistline.

Same here with the waistline issues. I try to limit to no more than 2 a week. But regaridng the lorry drivers, I usually not up that early nor around in the better part of the afternoon to see what is up with the flour. Mon semmels (sp?) are my faves too! :wub:

St. Trops - in Westend (U-Bahn Schwanthalerhöhe).

best croissants in my opinion, as well as other french snacks. Vis à vis of the french embassy!

The bakery at the corner of Müllerstrasse just behind the entrance to U-Sendlinger-Tor does nice croissants, I've been eating one a week there for two years and every single one has made me smile. My Bad-Croissant award goes to the Müller-Bakery here at Nordfriedhof. Waxy, waxy, waxy.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wondered if anyone knew somewhere that sells fresh pain au chocolat? Preferably on the west side of Munich.

And Wildenauer on Tegernseerlandstr. are also good, although their croissants aren't wonderful. The bakery on Candidplatz is also worth a trip. Both have truckloads of flour delivered regularly...

i disagree :). i used to work nearby, their birchler müsli is really nice but for the croissants or any other breads/semmels etc i found müller next door cheaper and better. (and i am not a müller fan :ph34r: )

Back Spiel Haus get's my vote too. They are a little more expensive that other places. But well worth it.

@Mulah

You can get beautiful fresh pain au chocolat at the Boulangerie Bakery in Untermenzing (corner of Eversbuschstr and Von-Kahr Str). The owner is French and will also make things like brioche if you call and order ahead. That place has the most amazing croissants as well.

Pâtisserie Amandine - delisious croissants and pains au chocolat. This German baker is married to a Frenchwoman and he trained in France. He even sources his ingredients directly from la Belle France. He's got tasty eclairs too.

well did not find the place over exciting... was dissapointed... tried the eclairs and millefeilles...were average...

There is an öko bakery by Rotkreuzplatz, by Freunbergstr (sp?) on the street with the tram and bus line on it. Their croissants are incroyable!

I also like the ones from Le Crobag at Ostbahnhof.

If going for chocolate (not really pain au chocolat though), Rischart is the place to go. Sinfully, chocolaty, amazingly delicious.

I would second LeCrobag at Ostbahnhof as long as you get the fresh ones. Good size and only €1,10 (recently increased from €0,99).

I also enjoy a good croissant and rarely find really good ones, however, when I recently took the train into town I tried the little bakery stall within the Universität U3/U6 station.

They had normal ones, pain au chocolat and various filled ones.

I tried the normal, the Apricot ones and also the marzipan.

The apricot criossants were scrummy!

MT

Hi guys,

there is a new bakery which has opened in schwabing, in Barerstr. just opposite Casa de Tapas. It is called the Munchner Boulangerie. I tried the Bio baguette (not cheap 2,60 euro) and a tarte aux abricots. The bread was fine but the tarte was not very good. It did dot remind me of the nice tartes I used to eat in France. The shortcrust pastry was simply too dry and lacking butter.

They also do things like croissants, pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins, eclairs, brioches, quiche etc...

Ali