Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Dark Knight (Batman movie)

42 posts in this topic

Heath Ledger delivers a Joker you wont forget, though defintely not Oscar worthy.

Personally I think parts of the film fail, namely the relationship between Batman and the Joker, but it's worth going to see.

From Warner Bros. Pictures Presseservice:

THE DARK KNIGHT bricht alle Rekorde - das beste

Startwochenende aller Zeiten

Hamburg, 21. Juli 2008 - Der weltweit mit Spannung erwartete Kinostart von THE DARK KNIGHT übertraf in den USA am Startwochenende alle Vorstellungen. Der breiteste US-Start aller Zeiten in 4.366 Kinos (9.400 gebuchte Kinosäle) sorgte für gleich mehrere Rekorde: Mit einem Box Office von $ 155,4 Mio. am Startwochenende legte THE DARK KNIGHT das beste Startergebnis aller Zeiten hin (bisher "Spider Man 3" mit $ 151,3 Mio).

Bereits am Freitag, dem Starttag, konnte THE DARK KNIGHT mit Einnahmen von $ 66,4 Mio. den Rekord von "Spider Man 3" ($ 59,8 Mio.) übertreffen. Auch in den Mitternachtsvorstellungen zum Freitag hatte THE DARK KNIGHT den "ewigen Rekordhalter" "Die Rache der Sith" ($ 17 Mio.) mit $ 18,5 Mio. Box Office von der Spitzenposition verdrängt.

Bereits vor dem Kinostart hatte THE DARK KNIGHT unter der Regie von Christopher Nolan ein wahres Batman-Fieber ausgelöst: Alle Vorstellungen um Mitternacht und morgens (drei und sechs Uhr) am Starttag waren seit Wochen ausverkauft.

Basically, its opening weekend beat previous record-holders, Revenge Of the Sith for best opening and Spider Man 3 for best opening weekend.

Yet another reason to hate German dubbing...the delayed release dates!

Australia 16 July 2008

Egypt 16 July 2008

Philippines 16 July 2008

Argentina 17 July 2008

Greece 17 July 2008

Hong Kong 17 July 2008

Peru 17 July 2008

Singapore 17 July 2008

Taiwan 17 July 2008

Brazil 18 July 2008

India 18 July 2008

Indonesia 18 July 2008

Mexico 18 July 2008

Panama 18 July 2008

USA 18 July 2008

Uruguay 18 July 2008

Venezuela 18 July 2008

UK 21 July 2008 (London) (premiere)

Belgium 23 July 2008

Denmark 23 July 2008

Iceland 23 July 2008

Italy 23 July 2008

Croatia 24 July 2008

Israel 24 July 2008

Kuwait 24 July 2008

Lebanon 24 July 2008

Netherlands 24 July 2008

New Zealand 24 July 2008

Portugal 24 July 2008

Estonia 25 July 2008

Finland 25 July 2008

Norway 25 July 2008

South Africa 25 July 2008

Sweden 25 July 2008

Turkey 25 July 2008

UK 25 July 2008

Japan 2 August 2008 (limited)

Hungary 7 August 2008

South Korea 7 August 2008

Poland 8 August 2008

Japan 9 August 2008

France 13 August 2008

Spain 13 August 2008

Russia 14 August 2008

Austria 21 August 2008

Germany 21 August 2008

It starts in Munich on the 20th August at the cinema here in Munich. But I still see your point, if I hadnt seen this at the sneak last Friday, then I would be seriously pissed because some twat just wants to hear "Ich bin Batman" on the big screen...seriously learn to read subtitles. I watch German films(And any other nationality for that matter) in their original language and have English subtitles whilst watching. Homer Simpson does not say "NEIN!"...he says "DOH!". Does not translate you stupid backwards race. I even heard a horrific rumour that the doucheland version of Mamma Mia has not only the dialouge translated in to stupid, but also the songs! :o

Is the film when eventually released here going to be available in original language as well? And will it be shown in its IMAX format?

Yet another reason to hate German dubbing...the delayed release dates!

maybe in the old days but nowadays you can't blame dubbing for the release dates. it is a habit rather than question of when the dubbing is done. some films ie Harry Potter manage a world wide release date with dubbed versions. there are other reasons for how release dates are managed ie easier for the promotional tours of the films etc.

It's not because of the dubbing... in Quebec we get dubbed versions in French and all the movies come out on the same day as the English ones in the rest of Canada and the USA.

Im on holidays in The USA. I have seen Batman The dark Knight and it does not let you down. Well worth the wait. I think it took like the biggest 1st weekend takings of all time in the USA.

Aussie Steve

Well, now that you've brought it up, Aussie Steve, here we go:

The Dark Knight

1. Largest number of opening theaters with 4,366 (more than the 4,362 debut theaters of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in 2007).
  2. Biggest midnight preview gross with $18.489 million in 3,040 theaters (beats Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and its $16.9 million in 2,915 theaters in 2005).
  3. Biggest IMAX midnight previews set a new record with $640,000 (included in the $18,489 million preview number).
  4. Biggest single day gross in box-office history with $67.2 million (bests the $59,841,919 set by Spider-Man 3 in 2007).
  5. Biggest opening day with $67.2 million (same as biggest single day gross).
  6. Biggest opening weekend gross in box office history with $158.4 million (bests the $151.116 million set by Spider-Man 3 in 2007).
  7. Biggest opening weekend gross for an IMAX release in box office history with $6,214,061 in 94 theaters with $66,107 per theater (bests the $4.7 million set by Spider-Man 3 in 2007). IMAX showing at full capacity $1.9 million on Saturday alone.
  8. Biggest opening weekend of 2008 with $151.340 million (beats Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull's $101.137 million from May 23-25, 2008)
  9. Biggest July opening ever with $158.4 million (beats Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest's $135,634,554 on July 7, 2006).
  10. Biggest PG-13 rated opening with $158.4 million.
  11. Biggest Friday with $67.2 million (same as biggest single day).
  12. Biggest Sunday with $43.6 million.
  13. Fastest to $200 million in five days with $203.8 million (beating Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Spider-Man 2 and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith which all reached $200 million in eight days).

It starts in Munich on the 20th August at the cinema here in Munich.

I've scoured the Warner Bros. Presseservice site and it doesn't give a reason for the films comparatively late release. Normally they would if there was a delay of some kind, so I can only presume that this was the planned release date all along.

it's not really the topic but some of you might be interested.

i have just read an interview with the head of walt disney studios motion pictures group, Mr Mark Zoradi. he says on release dates that they are fixed up to 2 years before, spring, autumn and christmas are the most popular, events like world cups, school holidays etc are taken into consideration, films that are unknow at first need the 1-2months difference to establish a certain popularity. he didn't mention dubbing.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Favourite scene was The Jokers magic trick.

"Ta-dah!".

I just read that Eddie Murphy and Shia LeBeouf have been lined up to play the Riddler and Robin respectively in the next Batman movie.

why do I have a feeling of that this could be awful?

Story here

I was recovering from the shock after hearing this today, too. But from what other news sources are saying, it seems to be a ridiculous rumor started by Britain's The Sun tabloid.

We'll see where this story goes...

I think it's just a story put out by WB to put the press off their actual plans. Nolan & Bale have already stated in the past that this Batman is too dark to include Robin. The article also mentioned Rachel Weisz as Catwoman, but in a previous interview Chris Nolan had talked about using Cher for the role.

this Batman is too dark to include Robin.

It would indeed totally change the atmosphere of the films if Batman was always accompanied by some young twink in tights and pants. Hardly gonna strike much fear into the hearts of the Gotham underworld is it.

Yeah, I was glad to read this morning that the reports were being denied. But using Cher as catwoman? Please say it isn't so.