Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Volkshochschule evening classes - Autumn 2004

27 posts in this topic

Thanks for the link... I'd imagine the quality is far better, but I'm also sure the price is far higher (though it seems like the "best" way to go). Speaking of which does anyone know what they charge (with all the extra fees they may have)?

The other reason it'd be nice to go to a school/class is simply for the social aspect. Since coming to Munich over a month ago I really haven’t met very many people (and I keep missing the Tuesday TT events).

Anabi,

I will be there bright and early proabably with my friend Christine who is also a Munich newbie and maybe her golden retriever(that's how you can find us). She is also going to be in the beginner class too. When you first walk into the building, there are people telling you where to go(and they speak English, so don't worry), they'll give you a number and I think it says what time on the ticket to come back to wait in line. Then you wait in line, you walk up to the window and tell them you want the beginners German class. Really, there are very few people who don't speak at least a little English and there, most of them do - so don't worry - just ask - I mean, you're there to learn German, you have to start somewhere, right? So don't be afraid!!! You're not alone!

KitKat64

Thanks! I'll be the totally confused looking one with a gallon of coffee in one hand and a NY Yankees baseball cap (even though I'm from San Francisco and a Giants fan).

Any ideas as to how much cash I should bring (I don't want to bring like 1,000 Euros, not because I think I'm going to get robbed, just that I'll know after I sign up I'll spend the rest shopping and drinking!). :o

it shouldn't cost you more than 200€ absolute tops.

and you don't have to wait until tuesdays for tt meet-ups, there is one going on tonight if you fancy coming along :-)

Just checking in... anyone out there still planning on being there at or before 7am and interested in a informal meetup so we can all know we're not suffering alone :blink: (Heck I may be still drunk from tonight!)

Hi Anabi - I'm going to be there bright and early(I hope) with my friend, Christine. I think she will bring her golden retriever(so we're easy to spot - two Americans with a dog). If not, here's my cell # 089 217 09831 - if I don't answer, I'm probably in the S-bahn.