Distilled water and dish drying racks

37 posts in this topic

Hi! I am visiting relatives in Munich. They live near the Giesing district (U-bahn Mangfallplatz). I have asked them to buy some distilled (demineralized) water for me and a rack on which dishes can be placed in a vertical position to drip-dry. I need these items for a medical device upon arrival. Don't worry - I will get them nice presents too!

My relatives said it will be hard to find these items in their area. Really? I could probably find both items less than 300 m from my home in Canada.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy these items in that district? Many thanks in advance! Raf

Toytown often gets people asking where they can buy one particular item or another, but a dish drying rack? Are there any stores that don't sell such an item?

I'm sure that, with a little bit of imagination, even Beate Uhse could find a use for a drying rack. Especially Beate Uhse, in fact...

Dredging up an old topic, where can I get distilled water in more central Munich? Putting tapwater in a humidifier makes a fine, white powder all over everything, but a humidifier goes through a liter or two a day, so a reasonable price is important.

I buy it for my sterilizer, I pick it up at toom baumarkt. I paid around 1,50 for 5 liters.

At a drugstore (Drogerie) or supermarket.

Any specific ones known to have it? I've tried my local Rewe, DM, Perfetto, and AlNatura (no big surprise there).

Really? Do you have a Schlecker or Rossmann near you? I'm sure I've seen it at Schlecker.

Looks like this at the Schlecker across the street from my place:

http://www3.schlecker.com/htdocs/Detail.aspx?artikelnummer=886843001&rubriknummer=53658&trackingID=&subtrackingID=

And it was next to the Reinigungsbenzin instead of around the corner with the laundry stuff as I'd expected. I had to ask the Kassiererin.

I got a flyer from IKEA today with a cute hanging drying rack in it. With limited counter space, I think it is a great idea here.

I got a flyer from IKEA today with a cute hanging drying rack in it.

Can't the germins use towels like everyone else?

Tengelmann round here also has it, just make sure to look in the washing powder section.