Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

German-speaking Stammtisch in Frankfurt

52 posts in this topic

Hi,

Some of the Germans who joined TT have suggested that we have a German Stammtisch. This would be great idea as it would help fellow TTers in improving their German conversational skills and get to know some locals. How frequent the group will meet up is still yet undecided. If you are interested in meeting up once a week or every two weeks, please post some feedback on this thread.

cheers,

I got pretty good feedback about the Stammtisch, got some PMs from people who are interested too.

What do you guys say if we have the Stammtisch on a Monday night?

I thought it would nice to meet up in a German Gutbürgerliche (translated to "home-style cooking") restaurant. I have looked up Gutbürgerliche restaurants around Frankfurt but most are located a bit outside of the city. One restaurant, Edelweiss, is located somewhere between Schweizer Platz and Südbahnhof (Sachsenshausen). The menu looks great and the prices are reasonable. The only thing is, obviously Edelweiss is an Austrian bar/restaurant and not German. Another Gutbürgerliche restaurant located downtown is Zum Schwarzen Stern, but this place is pricier than Edelweiss. So what do you guys think?

Hi, I'm new to this site.Would be happy to join you all sometime, but would prefer just a few drinks rather than a meal (as I eat lunchtimes).

How about a reasonably priced Cocktail bar ?

I'm good with Monday night, and wouldn't feel cheated if it wasn't a German restaraunt. My only request is that it's within a kilometer of an S-bahn or U-bahn station.

Hello all,

is there anything planed for next Monday?

This wil be my first time attending so I am looking forward to it after being two years here in FFM.

P.S. Is it open to non-native speakers so I can bring a friend?, but I reckon his English is excellent but with these things you never know... and after a couple of drinks...

interested. ja, noch ein bier bitte.

maybe i'll get past that one day

Hi, I'm new to this site.Would be happy to join you all sometime, but would prefer just a few drinks rather than a meal (as I eat lunchtimes).

How about a reasonably priced Cocktail bar ?

I wanted to choose a bar/restaurant so that people can do whichever they prefer eat and drink or drink only. I rather not have this Stammtisch at a later time like the Thursday Night Drinks, cause some people who come to thrse events come from outside of Frankfurt i.e. Darmstadt, Wiesbaden, Taunus etc and some people prefer to head home earlier in the night cause they have to work the next day.

If everyone is happy with the following date and time I will book a table at Edelweiss:

21.May.2007, 8 p.m.

The Edelweiss Restaurant/Bar is located somewhere between Schweizer Platz and Frankfurt Süd U-Bahn stations.

Would love to come to this... won't be around the Monday in question though. Is this going to be a regular thing?

Below is the map showing where Edelweiss is and some piccies of Edelweiss. They have a biergarten, if the weather is nice, maybe we'll sit outside. :)

post-13864-1178803038.jpg

Well I hope to make this a regular thing. If there is enough interest, I hope to organise get-togethers to attend local German fests (i.e. Weinfests) and other interesting things with this group.

Ok so a change of plan I might well be free on 21st after all so I'll try and come along. I'll probably be a little later though. Some things will never change eh :P

aaarrgh, sheise. Ich bin in London am 21 Mai.

next time!

Double sheise, I am traveling to Japan on 18 and coming back on 23 :(

I'll miss this one but look forward for the next opportunity to gulp some more heffeweisens.