Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

World ice hockey champs - lack of TV broadcasts

9 posts in this topic

Any other ice hockey fans out there? Anyone? I'd like to see the matches, but for some reason Eurosport or Premiere won't show even Germany playing, let alone other matches! No wonder Germany is no good, with the amount of support they're getting, nobody even knows the tournaments on :( the question is, is anyone else interested in watching the games and does anyone know where you could see them, any bars or sportsbars or...? This IHWC-package, all games online for 40e does sound good in a way, but I can't get over the fact that the games aren't on ANYWHERE.

Has anyone tried the IHWC thing? Is it any good?

Finlands playing in 2 hours and after "watching" the match against Ukraine on Friday through Finnish online-text-tv, I'd like to actually get to see the action!

German Television never shows the World Juniors, the Women's Worlds, the current Worlds or the European Championships, but they do cover the Spengler over the Christmas holidays from Davos. you can get some coverage on www.tsn.ca (yah, its a canadian slant, but info on all the games is there).

German Television never shows the World Juniors, the Women's Worlds

So they do get some things right then :P

not if you are a huge hockey fan. Heck even during the curling they cut out the final 3 ends of a close match in the gold game to cover some stupid moped race that took all day.

IHWC.net lists the following as Germanys media partners for the competition

Germany

ARD

ZDF

DSF

N-TV (news)

RTL (news)

the WM2007 page from the German Ice hockey federation says that all german games will be shown live on ZDF/ARD...

Kilians isnt apparently showing anything except football, based on their homepage, and it doesnt say anything on the arc homepage. Tomorrow i guess germany - slovakia will be shown somewhere... I do understand that germans arent interested in finnish games, but it would be nice to see them somehow. Finnish YLE sends them free online but only within the finnish borders (as they dont have rights further than that, i dont know?), sadly im not good enough with computers to try and get into the system with an altered location or through some finnish site.. apparently that should be possible somehow.

Or ill just have to wait til the final to see finland play and kick some swedish ass!!! B)

Saturday Semi's- Russia is playing Finland and Canada against Sweden. Will be some great hockey to watch saturday at The Arc, even better sunday evening to see the Gold Medal Finals.