Yoga schools and classes in Munich

79 posts in this topic

Hi,

im new in Neuhausen can anyone help?

I'm looking to start yoga classes, does anyone know of any near by?

Thanks

Asha

Topics merged by admin

Anyone taking an anusara yoga class in Munich? Haven't seen any around...

We are offering classical Hatha Yoga classes in English at the Tri Yoga Center on Fridays from 16:00 to 17:15hrs. The classes are taught jointly by 2 fully certified Hatha Yoga teachers to offer increased personalised attention for our students. Single drop in classes cost €16 or 10 classes can be bought for €135. For more information about the class, please send an email to aswan_e17@yahoo.com

The Tri Yoga Center is located conveniently at 26 Tal (next to Butlers), 2 minutes walk from Marienplatz. The Studio is light and spacious, and fully equipped with mats, blocks and belts. For more information about the Tri Yoga Center please go to http://triyogaflows.de/index.html

YOGA CLASSES IN ENGLISH - YOGA MATS

Hi all!

I'm new in Munich, and I'm desperately looking for a yoga class taught in English (I don't speak a word of German yet!).

I'm specially interested in Anusara or any practice that builds on vinyasa yoga.

Could you recomment any places? Most of the ones I've found are rather expensive.

Also, I'm trying to find a place with yoga mats and other props. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

I prefer to order yoga props online, but you can find a good selection at IYOGA in Walterstr. (Goeteplatz) and at AIRYOGA (Viktualienmarkt).

I teach a yoga class in English Saturdays, 10:30 am in Glockenbachviertel. Feel welcome to contact me for more info. Trial classes in August are for free, come along and see if the class is what you are looking for. Its a strong Vinyasa based class with precise alignment (Anusara-inspired).

info@barbra-noh.com www.barbra-noh.com

The class in English is held at Doin, 3rd Floor, Kolosseumstr. 1, Glockenbachviertel (U-Bahn Fraunhoferstr/Sendlingertor). Please call before to reserve a place: 0163-89 59 777

Namaste!

We are currently offering the following yoga classes in central Munich.

HATHA YOGA (ENGLISH / GERMAN)

MONDAY 18:00 - 19:30hrs

Zu Frieden

Baaderstr.35 (U- Bahn: Marienplatz or Fraunhoferstr, S- Bahn: Isartor)

HATHA YOGA (ENGLISH)

FRIDAY 19:30- 21:00hrs

TriYoga Center

Tal 26 (between Marienplatz and Isator)

LUNCHTIME YOGA (ENGLISH/ GERMAN)

WEDNESDAY 12:00 – 13:00hrs

B-Yoga Studio

Kellerstr.29 (S-Bahn: Rosenheimer Platz, behind Gasteig)

We both undertook our training in India, and are fully certified Hatha Yoga teachers. We focus on the practice of Asanas, Pranayama and deep relaxation and our classes are conducted in small groups with 2 teachers for each class so that students are provided with a high degree of personal attention. We also offer private yoga sessions and incompany yoga.

For more information or to register:

Tel: 0177 44 28 503 / 0175 40 20 176

Email: shantiyogahealth@yahoo.com

Hi!

I am a yoga teacher, currently living in Valencia, Spain. But I will move to Munich in August and I am planning to start teaching there in September. I teach in the Krishnamacharya tradition (www.khyf.net), preferably one on one classes.

If any one is interested please contact me in my email address: avefragata@gmail.com

See you in Munich!

Claudia Vega

AIRYOGA has just added 4 weekly yoga classes for English-only speakers,

taking our weekly schedule to more than 34 classes. Our new teacher,

Jeffrey Clark, has joined us from California where he was a protege of the

internationally known yoga master Shiva Rea, the founder of the hugely

popular Vinyasa style of yoga. We are thrilled to have a teacher such as

Jeffrey joining our team, bringing his 17 years experience in yoga and his

joyful personality. At AIRYOGA he is teaching two classes for beginners on

Thursday evening (Basic Yoga at 730pm and Deep-Slow-Stretch at 9pm) and two

classes for more experienced students (Advanced Yoga on Thurday morning at

9am and Vinyasa Flow on Friday evening at 645pm). Of course, English

speakers are welcomed to participate in any AIRYOGA class, as all of our

teachers are bilingual along with our front desk staff and management.

http://www.airyoga.com

post-40348-1226768884.jpg

post-40348-1226768942.jpg

post-40348-1226769012.jpg

Starting in September in the heart of Munich (Sendlinger Tor) you can experience beautiful Yoga flows balanced with devotional meditations, yoga kriyas and breathing exercises that bring you happiness, health, success, love and peace.

Dedicate some time to your body and your soul, discover the treasures that are hidden inside you, invite happiness and harmony in your life.

Every Wednesday from 8pm to 9.30 pm at @Peace.

@ peace

Holzstr. 4

80469 München

First trial class is 10 euros.

Next classes are 15 euros.

3 Classes cards and 10 classes cards will be available.

Contact me for more information.

post-46440-1248631724.jpg

HATHA YOGA GROUP CLASSES IN ENGLISH

Monday and Friday Evenings in Sendlinger Tor

@peace

Holzstr. 4 (5 mins from U-bahn Sendlinger Tor)

MONDAY 18:00-19:30

FRIDAY 19:30 -21:00

FRIDAY 17:30 - 19:00 (German)

B-Yoga Studio

Kellerstr.29 (3 mins from S-Bahn Rosenheimer Platz )

WEDNESDAY 12:00 - 13:00 (Classes resume in September)

The 90 minute evening and 60 minute lunchtime classes are taught jointly by Anna Wan, a native English speaker, together with Juergen Hergenroeder. Anna and Juergen undertook their training in India and are fully certified Hatha Yoga teachers (RYT500) registered with the YOGA ALLIANCE. They have more than 5 years teaching experience in Yoga studios and Fitness centres in Munich. Their classes, based on traditional vedantic and yogic teachings, focus on a holistic approach to yoga, integrating body, mind and spirit through the practice of Asanas, Pranayama and deep relaxation. All sessions are conducted in small groups with 2 teachers for each class in order to provide detailed step-by-step demonstrations and hands-on corrections for each student during practice.

The evening classes are held in a beautiful new center for yoga, therapy and massage near Sendlinger Tor U-bahn and the lunchtime classes in a beautiful loft space close to Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station.

BEGINNERS WELCOME.

Private lessons can also be arranged upon request.

*Single trial class - 8 Euros

*Drop-in session - 16 Euros (12 Euros concessions)

*Trial course - 3 sessions for 36 Euro (27 concessions)

*10er Card - 135 Euros / 90 Euros concessions

For more information or to register:

Tel: 0177 44 28 503 / 0175 40 20 176

Email: shantiyogahealth@yahoo.com or info@jyotiryoga.net

Hello,

Greetings! I am a certified yoga teacher from Mumbai India. I have been teaching and studying various styles of yoga like Ashtanga ,power,Vinyasa,traditional,pre natal,Combination style of Pilates+yoga ,in English, since the past 10 years.

I am visting my parents in Munich in May2010 for 2 months and would love to contribute to the yoga scene in your city.

I was wondering how to start searching for options to do the same, Would really appreciate if any of you could help me in any way,even if you know leads i can follow.

Thankyou,look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Onkar

Mumbai,India

Hi... I am looking for a yoga studio where I can offer 'Sri Sri Yoga' classes. Would prefer places near Odeonsplatz or Marienplatz. If anyone can suggest people I can contact for this information, I would be very grateful. Am happy to pay rent on weekly/hourly basis.

Please contact me at 017627646005 or at mrinalinikpillai@gmail.com

Looking for yoga classes in english?

At the newly opened YamYoga Studio, vinyasa flow yoga classes are taught in english once a week, Tuesdays at 9:15 a.m.

Here's a link for anyone interested: www.yam-yoga.de

There are vinyasa flow yoga classes once a week, Tuesday morning at 9:15 am, at YamYoga, Augustenstr. 5

The best part is, the whole studio is on donation basis: that means, you give what you can, but keep it real! So everyone can afford yoga now :)

Here's a link: www.yam-yoga.de

I also give private classes in english (native english speaker). If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me, my e-mail is sophia.gros@gmail.com

Others on Toytown have recommended:

http://www.yogabase.de/html/kurse.html

classes are in german but it is Ashtanga, so if you already know the movements...not a problem.

I can second Lisa E's positive report of the yoga loft. I also go two or three times a week (four this week!) and really enjoy the atmosphere.

If anyone out there is looking for an easy guide to yoga positions for use at home or in a studio I have several boxes of yoga cards -- set of 50 for 12.00 €.

They're great for kids and adults.

namaste

If you are interested in Ashtanga, the best teacher I have found in Munich is Manfred Gauper. He offers Mysore class Mon, Wed and Fri from 9-12 (mornings) in the Yogaloft in the Worthstr. as well as a Led class on Thurs evenings at YamYoga (Augustinstr.) Definitely worth checking out:-)