Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to register for kindergarten in Frankfurt

9 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I would like someone to let me know how to go about with the admission process to a kinder garden.. My son is 19months old and some of my friends say I should have started looking for admissions long back. I am not aware how to go about it..It would also be nice if some sweet souls can let me know about kindergardens in sachsenhausen..

waiting for response

thanks

Anita

Hi, since your post is a bit old I am not sure if you have already found answers to you questions. Anyway, the only thing you need to do is to go and visit the kindergarten you would like your son to join and make an appointment with the "Leiter" and find out whether they:

1. have space for your child,

2. whether they are familiar with foreign kids that do not understand german

3. whether they accept foreign kids (this must have been number 2)

and register with them. My friend visited 5 different kindergartens and registered his son. Then he was accepted in two, but then decided for the one his wife felt was the better one.

Regarding the locations, you can inquiry at the city hall, about the kindergartens available in Sachsenhausen.

Hope this helps

Hey Anita, so did you manage to find a kindergarten for your kiddy? My boy is 2 and we are planning to bring him up later in the year, any suggestions?

Hi Ramesh

I have found quite a few kindergartens around my house.. 2 of them are bilingual.. They accept the forms now... In case of the German kindergartens they register only after the little one is 2 yr old.. I think you should start now as they have a big waiting list...

If you need any more info let me know.. I will tell u all that i know

regards

Anita

Hi,

Can you please let me know which bilingual kindergartens you have found in the area? We are moving there next month and I am very interested in signing up my almost 3 year old to a bilingual kindergarten.

Thanks

hi amaya,

the tikiriki club is a recently established multilingual club for kids in frankfurt, bornheim. we organize projects for children from 3 to 16 years in various languages. as of august i will be starting an english language playgroup for 3 to 8 year olds with a group of 6 kids. the group will meet 3 times a week from 3:30pm to 6pm and we'll be doing all sorts of fun stuff like singing, painting, making pottery, reading stories, going to a nearby playground, dancing, backing cookies and other things that keep kid's fantasies moving. the 8 week program starts on the 20th of august and runs till the 5th of october. the weekly fees are 45 euros that include all materials and applicable taxes. our next program lasts 9 weeks and runs from the 22nd of october till 21st of december.

we do also offer a 3 day morning program for 3 to 6 year olds in english. the program runs from 8:30am - 13:30pm and has all the fun activities that we do in the afternoon. the week is calculated at 75 euros including all materials and applicable taxes but excluding the lunch fees. they run during the same period as our afternoon programs: 20 Aug - 5 Oct; 22 Oct - 21 Dec; and in 2008: 14 Jan - 21 Mar; 7 Apr - 20 Jun.

and during the break times in fall, winter, spring and summer, we are organizing various short workshops for kids between 3 and 16 years in several languages. the kids enrolled in our morning or afternoon programs may participate in the workshops at a discounted rate. saying that, currently we are also offering arts & crafts classes in english for kids and their parents on saturdays from 10am - 12pm. you might like to join the weekend classes to get to know us.

we are located close to the bergerstrasse in bornheim.

our address: habsburgeralle9, 60385 frankfurt.

if you are interested in our programs or just need some advice on getting settled in frankfurt do contact me via email: dorothea@tikiriki.eu

or ring me on 01726029788

best regards,

dorothea

Hi Dorothea

Thanks for the detailed information... Do you know any bilingual play groups other than Zentrum Familie and Evangelische Familienhaus where I can take my two year old? I enquired in the above to places and there wasnt any place available...

awaiting reply

regards

Anita

hi anita,

sorry for not replying to you any sooner. just noticed your message...

thought our morning club is for 3 to 6 year olds, we do also welcome a few 2 year olds to join in on the fun. why don't you drop us a line or give us a ring so we can arrange for a visit. i have attached a few pictures of our place for you to get an idea.

looking forward to meeting you soon,

dorothea

post-20298-1187211612_thumb.jpg