Shooting at Virginia Tech Uni - 16.Apr.2007

302 posts in this topic

I am guessing that there are no prizes for correctly guessing the location of the next major NRA meeting then...

Unbelievable story that SHOULD make the US rethink its gun laws. But it won't...

Yeah but Crawlie, we need our guns to protect us from this sort of thing. Don't you get it? More guns is the obvious answer. If just one of those dead students had had a gun, they could have shot the fucker and that would have been that. I think that it should be law that every student be packing and after this tragedy don't you agree? I mean that if I were a student and I had been a packing a .44 magnum, then that fucker would have been toast. So, more guns is the obvious answer is it not?

Can well please leave the political spinmeister bullshit for at least a few hours?

I just knew this would be water on the mills of both sides of the gun control debate, but apparently mourners mustn't get in the way of political point-scoring.

Really, that post was about as tactful as a fart at a funeral.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

Yeah well get over it fart meister, it comes down to exactly that. To ignore that fact is to ignore reality. The NRA is full of shit and so is their aversion to responsible gun ownership laws based on a misinterpreted amendment.

People are stil dying from what happened today. Cut the political bullshit on this thread and please start your political debate about gun control (which is worth having) on another thread.

I don't really think the NRA has much to do with children/teens getting guns and shooting people. Kids have no association with the NRA and pay no attention to it. Granted the NRA fights for law abiding citizens to own guns. The major issue here is not the gun debate it is the matter of why are these young kids shooting people? Why is their anger so severe that they have no other way to release it then shooting people? Something here is completely wrong with these kids...and the fact that it is becoming more frequent has something to say about our society we live in. Really think about it, what the hell is going on in these peoples head???

And this is apparently the most civilized country in the world! But then again who is to blame for the mess America´s in.

Yeah well get over it fart meister, it comes down to exactly that. To ignore that fact is to ignore reality. The NRA is full of shit and so is their aversion to responsible gun ownership laws based on a misinterpreted amendment.

I'm not ignoring diddlysh*t and I don't give a damn about the NRA. I and others are not interested in you taking an event that is causing us great personal pain and anguish and using it for your own pinheaded political pointscoring. My own views on gun control aren't relevant right now. I'm just not interested in discussing it RIGHT NOW and definitely not in this thread. You could have some decency and respect that.

I hereby request the mods remove the relevant posts from this thread.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

just set him to ignore for now, he is a f#cking clownshoe, and an embarassment to his country and political party.

What is with the two bomb scares in the last two weeks on the same campus?

Checking out the police response? We used to have a bomb drills and the muster point would always change randomly for fear of the bog-rats scoping out drills and planting secondary devices. I wonder if it was also an attempt to delay the police response. I wonder how many of them thought, “here we go another hoax

What other thread do you think is appropriate? Seriously, I am very sorry that people are dying at Virginia Tech. My sister went there and I have had many a friend go there. What you are saying is like don't discuss race while Imus is being fired. I don't get it and I won't as long as people think that it is inappropriate to bring up the fact that guns are rampant in our society when shit like this occurs simply from the fact that too many have access to guns.

Sorry, but there is no better time to bring it up and it is not about politics but about the sanctity of life. It is not my fault that the lines have been drawn politically. Hell, I own guns myself and have since forever. Unlike Romney, I actually have hunted. The only time I was afraid of guns was when my best friend decided he needed to carry a handgun with him at all times. Knowing what I know, I felt less safe with him having a concealed weapon with him than I did when he didn't. That is a fact jack!

Hey Mr. NRA hater/gun-for-hunting purposes owner: just start a thread to discuss gun control and all the reasons your view is right. That way people who actually care about the innocent lives lost today have somewhere to discuss it and keep up to date of new info.

Seems that some people on this forum are in the wrong city, surely gun loving Americans belong somewhere else. Iraq comes to mind.

I and others are not interested in you taking an event that is causing us great personal pain and anguish and using it for your own pinheaded political pointscoring.

How is this event causing you great personal pain and anguish? Please enlighten us all? Or are you the pinhead trying to divert attention from the fact that someone with a gun did this?

What other thread do you think is appropriate? Seriously, I am very sorry that people are dying at Virginia Tech. My sister went there and I have had many a friend go there. What you are saying is like don't discuss race while Imus is being fired. I don't get it and I won't as long as people think that it is inappropriate to bring up the fact that guns are rampant in our society when shit like this occurs simply from the fact that too many have access to guns.

Right. Thus in your mind a celebrity being fired is morally equivalent to over thirty people being shot dead.

You are also so uncreative and incapable that you are unable to either 1) search the archives for an existing thread about gun control or 2) start a new one. Right, pull the other one.

:blink:

Cheers,

Fairfax71

been reading some different web pages, and then the news here, its really really sad, my heart goes out to the families of the victims. Its a very sad and emotional event.

So, maybe we can keep the 'whose fault' it is til we know more information.

Horrible news, hope those of you waiting for "I'm ok" emails get them. Condolences to the families.

Or are you the pinhead trying to divert attention from the fact that someone with a gun did this?

Get real. No one is trying to do this. And how can you begin to perceive or judge the sentiments of others? That would require compassion and openess.

The only person trying to hijack this thread and "divert attention" is YOU.

Hey Mr. NRA hater/gun-for-hunting purposes owner: just start a thread to discuss gun control and all the reasons your view is right. That way people who actually care about the innocent lives lost today have somewhere to discuss it and keep up to date of new info.

Hey Ms. I don't want to discuss policy about guns on a thread where guns were used to gun down innocent lives because it depresses me, get over it. A nutcase with access to guns did this. There are two things to focus on here. One that a nutcase could get guns and the other being the nutcase himself.

Now, we could lock all nutcases up, but we tried that once and it didn't really work. There are just too many. The other way is to not allow nutcases access to guns. Oh wait, the NRA had something to say about that. They want even nutcases to have access to guns because it is a Constitutional right of well regulated militias to keep and bear arms.

Wanna stop people from needlessly dying at the hands of nutjobs with guns? Then do something about it that may just require a more normal interpretation of the Constitution.