Tennis partners sought and found (2012)

202 posts in this topic

hi,

how do you measure this level 3.0 or 3.5? is that something like intermediate? Maybe we should start keeping score so we can see who is playing better or worst or at the same level. Have any of you people already played together?

Hi,

I am looking for a tennis partner(s) for my professor. He is a 60 yr old Russian but has been working in the US since '94. He is currently in Munich and will be here until the end of August. But he is not registered with this forum. and if anyone is interested, then please send me a PM with your email address and I shall ask him to get in touch with you right away.

About his tennis skills: He is closer to being a beginner than an intermediate player. He is fairly flexible with timings and is ready to accommodate anyone who would be interested in playing with him.

Thanks.

Hey. I am definatley up for a regular match. Just moved to Munich and don't want my tennis skills to get to rusty. Current standard intermediate+. Anyone up for a match either tomorrow or next week sometime?

Hey all. I saw a tennis topic posted sometime ago and thought it worth posting a refresher. I am looking to find a group of intermediate to advanced tennis players who are up for a playing once or twice week. I moved to Munich last week so not sure yet where the best venues are, but it should not be hard to figure out.

Let me know if anyone is interested in playing. Keen to kick things off next week if possible.

Cheers

Jon

@stnx

Is it 10€ per court or per person? and I suppose it is per hour. I would be interested also, evenings, once a week.

Hi there, I am an intermediate+ player and looking for tennis partners to play on weekends anywhere in Munich. Let me know if you are interested.

I reckon my wrist's got better enough to play but I'd like to test it out with someone with slowish serves as the force of a chunky return is quite a lot and part of what hurt it in the first place.

I only do non-clay...Olympia Zentrum seems best for that.

Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays after work + weekends.

Intermediate level

Why don't those that are interested in playing regularly all just try and meet this Thursday at the Olympic Stadium at 6-7pm? Stnx what are the chances of booking like 3 courts there?

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Munich and looking for a partner(s). I would give myself 3.5 if 5 is preffessional. We can play at MTTC Iphitos near studentenstadt. Its cheap at 4 euros per hour. I am not sure about the courts but they must be good. After all MTTC holds the BMW open.

I can also play elsewhere if any one is interested.

I would be intersted as well... Im probably somewhere between 3.0 - 4.0, although its been a while since I've played a good competitive tournament...

Can't make it this thursday though, but maybe next time?

@DJMunich

when can you play? I am free in the evinings saturday onwards but I am not sure that the courts are available on weekends or not. We can play next week.

I have some plans this weekend, but maybe Monday or Tuesday after work? Im usually free after 3pmish on weekdays...

Let me know, Ive never been to the Olympia Park's courts, but they are cheaper than the place Ive been to a few times - the Rothof here in Bogenhausen - €20 for an hour on clay. I personally prefer concrete (since thats all we had in the U.S. LOL), but I have a feeling thats hard to find here in Munich. The rubber ones at Olympia might work for €6 or whatever it was.

Let me know what works for you...

I think you have played on very expensive court. 20 euros is too much. I havn't played anywhere in Munich yet but I have checked the price on clay courts at MTTC Iphitos near studentenstadt. its 4 euros per hour for guests and 0.50 for members. I am not sure about the quality of the courts, but we can try.

I am more comfortable on hard court but i havn't seen one here in germany since I got here 5 months ago. I have been playing on a carpet court instead in Erlangen. For me any surface would do...

I think you have played on very expensive court. 20 euros is too much. I havn't played anywhere in Munich yet but I have checked the price on clay courts at MTTC Iphitos near studentenstadt. its 4 euros per hour for guests and 0.50 for members. I am not sure about the quality of the courts, but we can try.

I am more comfortable on hard court but i havn't seen one here in germany since I got here 5 months ago. I have been playing on a carpet court instead in Erlangen. For me any surface would do...

I agree.

Cool, so lets do Iphitos then. Well figure out a specific time before Monday or Tuesday.

I can be reached on Skype or Facebook under "Thomas Ruschke".

I am in Eching and have just joined the tennis club. Is anyone is interested in catching up for a game and beer afterwards? Eching is on the S1. My level is low intermediate.