Dog boarding kennels in Berlin

37 posts in this topic

Hi all... am looking for someone that can look after my dog for a longer period than usual. I have to move to London and I need someone to take care of my beautiful 2 year old Ridgeback mix male dog. It breaks my heart but I have no choice. I have to be in London for 6 months and cannot take him due to complications. Please please help me

Hi. I am new to posting at Toytown but I am planning to travel to Spain for the holidays. I need to find an English-speaking place where I can board my dog. I do not have a car so it must be reachable by public transport. Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Hello! I also am looking (desperately) for someone to watch our dog while we are away. We are going to the States for the holidays and have been unable to find any hundepension that has space available. We have a male chihuahua with a strong personality but that mostly just likes to sleep in a big pile of blankets all day :) We rescued him when he was a year old from a previous abusive owner.

Does anyone know of someone who would be able to keep him? It would be from Dec 22 to Jan 4 and we would be more than happy to pay the going rate. We are getting very worried we won't be able to find someone :(

I would appreciate any info, thanks in advance!!

Hi,

If it wasn't small doggie, I might consider it. Unfortunately, with my Husky, I don't think yours would get along.

However, have you checked with the link mentioned above?

http://www.hundecamp-berlin.de/

and so is

http://www.hundeschule-kramer.de/

http://www.wauza.de/kontakt.html

http://www.agenturmarypoppins.de/berlin/dogsitter1.htm

Also, you might try what seems to be the "local" board at:

http://www.dogsitter.de/home/index.php?option=com_alphacontent&section=1&cat=3&Itemid=2

to see if you can find one there too.

are a couple more - though I don't know if they speak English.

Otherwise, be sure to try posting to the "services wanted" here at Toytown and also on Craigslist - you might be surprised as sometimes people will do this for you to have some extra holiday money. Being that the chihuahua is smaller, you might just have better luck than I do with finding a place for mine.

Good Luck!

Hello all!

Popping up this thread due to the summer arrival, which also means traveling season.

I would like to offer my services as a highly qualified dog walker/pet sitter, I have years of experience and many recommendations which i can make available upon request.

Please visit my website for more info: http://iloveanimals030.wordpress.com/

Have a great day!

Tali

Hi all,

I'm seeking a dogsitter for my two beasts (Gigi and Bony - silly names but great dogs) at my apartment in Schoeneberg. It's a little urgent; I need help starting on Monday the 4th October and continuing at least until Thursday. Overnight stays are not required as a friend will see them every evening, but they need a good walk to the local dog park every day. This will undoubtedly generate much more work in the future - if you're interested, please email me for more info on:

beautravail [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

Thanks so much!

Hello everyone,

I'm a dog and catsitter/boarder! Right now I have two dogs here for a while and we just got back from a long walk in Görlitzer Park. I have two cats of my own and they are slowly adjusting to dogs being around. I live in Kreuzberg so prefer to have pets at my house if you live far away, because I work from home so they get constant attention and company and between 2-4 walks a day. If you live within a 5 km distance I can ride my bike, or if it's longer I have to charge for the train ticket-although the first visit to meet you and your pet is always free of course. My rates are very fair anyway, usually starting at 10 euros, and if I am visiting your home, each visit with your pet is at least one hour.

I have been a petsitter for several years and have tons of references and happy clients in New York, London and Berlin. I'm a huge animal lover (activist, vegetarian..) and really care for everyones pet as if they were my own.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in my services! I'm not sure if I will see it in this thread.

Dog Sitter Needed ASAP!

My beloved dogsitter here in Berlin has gone MIA and now I am searching for someone to take care of my easy going, loveable Pug, Larsson. He is a 10 year old black pug, super affectionate, and well behaved. His hobbies include sleeping all day, and taking leisurely walks in Parks.

He gets along with all other dogs, and just likes to cuddle and hang out and take it easy.

I live in Charlottenburg so if you lived somewhere in that area, would be great, but Im also willing to travel for the right fit!

I would be open to you staying in my place, or me bringing him over to yours-either way works for me.

Ill be travelling once a month for the next few months and also would ideally be gone one weekend a month.

I have a short vacation planned next week though so wuold be great if you were available over the long Easter weekend.

You can contact me here, or on my personal email at danielasch@yahoo.com

Thank you!

daniela

Hi everyone! Any Toytowners want some canine company for a week...a lot of love, not so much cash...

I have rescued 2 older dogs from the shelter. A boy and girl 14 and 12 years old. I took them since they were suffering and the chances of older sick dogs being adopted is zero. I didn't think they deserved to die in a cage. The girl Cora, walks poorly so she is only allowed 30 minute walks. The boy, Gandhi is hard of hearing but loves to play ball. They are both medium sized and very gentle. They sleep most of the time. The only real work involved is that they have to go out every 4.5 hours for a bathroom round. I had a friend who was taking care of them for me when I travel or have to work but she is moving now. Rescuing them has been a huge economic stress for me so I can not afford to pay a lot. I have paid in the past 15 a day for short term and 10 a day for longterm (like a month).

Of course I provide their meds, food and beds. They get complimentary vet service at the shelter if there's a problem.

Longterm I could use help in general with them. I have recently been ill and have to do less while working more. Dog walks, the occasional sleep over would greatly help. Ideally, I would like to find them a new home. They can be placed separately. Their life expectancy is not that long but they should have a loving home. I will not return them to the shelter so please no comments about that...

I'd appreciate any help/support and ideas I am leaving August 25th for 8 days...

Anouschka

Are there no other people in Berlin recently that require dog sitting for their animals?? I'm looking for referrals and recommendations for someone to watch my 18 year old, 10lb, Pomeranian when we travel.

Thanks,

Michelle

Hello Berlin dog-owners,

Our friend who used to regularly look after our dog while we were out of town is unfortunately no longer able to take him in due to hausmeister issues, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any lovely dog sitters or, at a pinch, dog kennels in Berlin. My dog is an elderly poodle-terrier (about 14 or 15 years old - picture attached) who I found on the street in Prague. Now he mostly just sleeps all day so is very low-maintenance. He can be a little bit wary of strangers at first, especially now because he's going rather blind and deaf, but as long as he's around someone gentle and understanding he's a very lovely old soul.

Ideally we would like to find someone who could welcome him into their home and who is kind, has experience with dogs, and who is largely home-based so that he's not left alone too much (he used to have anxiety issues about being left alone but seems to have mellowed in his old age). We would provide food and could afford to pay about 10-15 euro a day. We live in Prenzlauer Berg, so someone round here would be ideal, but we could take him across town for the right person.

We know we'll be needing someone once or twice over the coming month, and would like to find someone stable and long-term who could take him in on future occasions too.

If you have any recommendations or experience with dog sitters, we'd be very grateful. Thanks a lot!

We're again looking for a dog sitter for our dog (see above), this time for over the Christmas period. If you have any leads, please be in touch.

Thanks a lot!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

My son will be living in Berlin this summer for an internship. He has a wonderful dog

Who will need day care. He is not used to being alone for more than a couple of hours

My son's office is in the Kreuzberg area? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Mom62,

I might be able to connect you (or your son) with dog walkers in the Kreuzberg-Area.

This means that they pick up the dog, at for example 10 or 11 am, go for a huge approx. 2 hour walk through a forest or fields, and then return the pup at about 2-3 pm.

However, if your son is busy with his internship and possibly also wants to enjoy some time out in Berlin, I don't know if it is such a great idea to take a dog to a totally new environment (Berlin) plus new people and dogs for a couple of months.

Maybe the pup could rather stay with you, or another family member during the internship? Doggy might just be happier!

Best wishes,

Kerstin

www.good-dog-berlin.de