Where to buy good pillows

19 posts in this topic

hey people, I need some new pillows. Where's good for oblong down filled pillows?

Hastens, Betten Rid, Ikea? Anywhere else I haven't thought of?

thankyouplease

karstadt

they sell Aerelle pillows which are the DB's!! I bought 2 yesterday which were being cleared out half price, 20 euros each..

Were they 'down' yeah?

This sounds like a deal.

yes, I bought two pillows from Ikea which were stupidly sized when I put them in a square pillow case, but now I have folded them in two and doubled the thickness and put them into a rectangle case. Might not work with good quality pillows, but certainly it did with Ikeas ones.

Manufacturers Outlet Mall, Crossville, Tennessee. All my pillows come from there. ;)

We got some new "English" style pillows from Segmüller in Weiterstadt - thats not too far from FFM (20 mins if that down the A5) and they had a huge choice !

Caroline

If you have a Galeria Kaufhof up there, I just bought 2 (40cm x 80cm) pillows yesterday on sale, reduced to €10 each.

It has occured to me that I need new bedding as well. I always thought the quilts in hotels were really good quality but it appears that mine is just too old!

At the risk of taking this thread to ridiculous depths... to my mind, German 'English-style' pillows simply aren't as good as English pillows, for one simple reason: German ones are sized 1:2 (40cm x 80cm) whereas English ones are 2:3 (19" x 29"). This results in English pillows not fitting into German pillow cases, and German pillows leaving too much loose English pillow case flapping about. German 'English-style' pillows are a bit too long and thin, and their 80cm x 80cm pillows are just plain ridiculous. I think English pillows are an ideal in-between solution to the problem.

I know, I really should get a life. :D

I think this thread is getting out of hand! Moderators???

What?

I'm glad to hear the UK uses rectangular pillows too. That's what most pillows in the US are (although you can buy the square ones too) and they fit much better under your head and all.

Were they 'down' yeah?

Aerelle its a dupont material, I swear I tried everything and this is the best for me... <_<

I think this thread is getting out of hand! Moderators???

Do you think they know more about pillows than everyone else?

some of us are just born with good pillows.