Climbing at the Thalkirchen center

96 posts in this topic

Hey climbers,

Is this still going on? Anyone intersted in starting up again? Would prefer a weekly outdoor climb, but will take what I can get.

Let's hit some rock!

A good time for hooking up with folk is Tuesday night at Thalkirchen, just listen for the english speaking voices. ;)

Who is climbing tonight at Thalkirchen? The place sounds huge. Anyone want to wait outside for me? I don't know if I neeed Traegersektionen, Alpenvereinsmitglied, keine Mitgliedschaft or what. And what is the DAV? I have all my gear, just want to be able to find ya'll. Also, will I need to be tested (written, verbal, demonstration) etc, in order to climb?

Thanks.

DAV is the Deutsches Alpineverein (or something like that). You don't need a membership to go climbing at Thalkirchen - it's just cheaper that way. You also don't need to be tested on anything. At least, I don't remember having to do it.

Cool, no tests. Not safe, but less hassle. I always do safety checks on myself and my belayer anyway. And I will watch a belayer before they belay me, so I should be ok. Thanks IPJ.

Still looking to see who is going.

Hi,

Is anyone going climbing for happy hour this Sunday at Thalkirchen?

I'm not sure yet if I could join, I have some applications to finish, but I'd like to know if anyone else will be there in case I manage to show up.

Not going Sunday but I am going today in Heimstetten at High-East. If you would like to go we will start around 7:00pm. check out http://www.high-east.de, right now it is just me and one other person, so a 3rd is more than welcome.

Can people come along to watch and learn? I am an experienced free climber (comes from living on a big hunk of rock!) but have virtually no experience of ropework, belaying or the like. I would like to come and watch some of you guys and see what is involved,is it allowed do you still have to pay??

They let me in once without paying to go look for friends, so I think you can definitely watch. There are seats overlooking a part of the gym too, but to learn knots and stuff you might want to hang around on the floor.

oooh, high east looks cool and i can nip down from erding on the s-bahn too. can't do tonight though but perhaps another time.

if there is still place for one more...may i join you (sunday)? i am just a beginner, i hope that's not a problem. PM me, thanks

b

i'm generally looking for climbing partners. Tues. aren't so good for me, though.

lead VII on a good day.

any takers? drop me a (60m) line.

Is there anyone going along tomorrow evening to Thalkirchen that doesnt mind a tag-along? i.e. me :)

75kg and just getting back into it since my knee surgery so easy stuff but I will (love to!) lead. I dont have a rope.

Anyone going tonight for the happy hour? I think it starts at 7 (or is it 5)? I will likely get down there at 7.

I can lead on a V / V1.