Germany to lead the way in cervical cancer vaccine

116 posts in this topic

How would you then go about removing the blocks to under the situation mentioned in the video, which explains my situation and the situation of thousands of other familes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxaxGyVsB4E

Jugendamt: Die Deutsche Politik Verliert Ihre Unschuld

I do not take any pleasure nor do I condone anything that goes against the interests of my daughter.

I do much appreciate the comments of the TTers, the suggestions are not always easy to implement, the video might explain why it is not so easy.

I take pleasure in spending time with family, friends and neighbors, gardening on my balcony, preparing and serving tasty food in my home, hosting guests, and reading and listening to music.

wtf does the jungendamt have to do with your bizarrely controlling ex, your questionable custody agreement, and getting your daughter vaccinated?!

nothing.  Just freaking do it.  Your lunatic ex can't un-vaccinate her once it's done. 

stop dithering and deflecting the real problem.  if this is so important just do it.

If you know anyone who can translate a visitation agreement into calendar dates please let me know. Once I have calendar dates when she is scheduled to be with me then I can make an appointment and then within two years, or before she is about 12, she can complete the immunization. She is due for her dental cleaning as well and I was unable to reschedule on just a few week's notice to another date so she'll miss the appointment she has for tomorrow. If I had known a half year earlier of the dates she was to be with me, I might have been able to get a date and time when she was scheduled per the agreement to be with me.

It is perhaps an important thing though - some of us are at a loss to grasp why it is so hard to get these  appointments booked and the tasks done, and possibly this is the key.

Maybe Spiderpig would know?

There are loads of TTers who share custody of children. Is anyone able to help sonazeit with turning her agreement days into actual dates? I don't even really understand the question...

It's in no way unique for this situ in 2019 though.     Lots of people know they have to book appointments way in advance and have no idea what their plans may be then.  Really, there are millions of us doing that now for any number of reasons.   It's a function of supply / demand mismatch in the current healthcare system.    All we can do is rely on discretion, chance and opportunity and I do play the special need occasionally.   (If I am due to work abroad say, I will say "sorry, it must be by...").  

How great is this paediatrician?  One who cannot recognise that quite a lot of children do have this sort of basic barrier to accessing essential medical care - and instead just say "so what, hard lines for not being the perfect nuclear unit, back of the queue for him / her,  hope your child can come in six months" -  you might wonder if they might not be better with a more sympathetic one who lives in the real world.   Possibly even a general medic because then there may be leverage in prioritising a child.

The key with vaccines is the consultation, usually.  There's often much flexibility about the staff taking the seconds to inject it, after that.

It is a visitation agreement signed at the JA by her dad.

I'm in Eimsbüttel Hamburg and the good practices here are treasured and booked up for months or more when it comes to routine matters such as vaccinations or dental cleaning.

Parents are expected to tell the reception at the child's dental or pediatrician when the child is available months ahead of time and then an appointment is booked as the good practices are overfull here, so much so that many do not accept new patients.

When something urgent comes up, they usually have the parent bring the child immediately.

They need to keep this puffer for urgent matters. 

Vaccinations and dental cleanings are routine matters parents here are expected to plan ahead a quarter to half year in advance. So I need to know that far ahead what dates my daughter is available.

I do not want to rotate her caregivers when the ones she has had are so good, are in the neighborhood, and know her for years.

I like to keep the small town feel for her despite being in a big city, it is a big plus in our neighborhood here.

That's the point.  We know this is what it's like and it has nothing to do with your specific situation.   It's absolutely the same for most of us at the moment.   You are not saying anything there that the rest of us are not familiar with - regardless of situation, age, need.   It took me about six months to complete the last routine process I had, and I had to make significant compromises there, albeit that the jabs themselves were very flexible.

Something has to give.   If you can't actually see the "care givers", then they are not actually "care givers", are they?  How can their care possibly be "good" if they are not actually providing any?   You'd not say a cleaner who did not even turn up or a car mechanic who didn't bother to look at your broken down car was "good".  It's merely a nice idea and - meantime - your child goes without essential healthcare needs.    

In your situation, flexibility trumps being seen at the right practice.   Vaccinations and teeth cleaning are hardly at the high skills end of medical service delivery, anyway, rather really commodity services.  No doctor or dentist ever performs them for me, these are technician tasks.   Do you know the process for this vaccination - can you have a consulation alone etc?

I don't buy it.  I honestly don't

I have found countless dentists who will offer cleanings and other treatments within a week or two max.  I managed to visit a very highly rated surgeon in his central office (where he has hours only one day per week) within 3 weeks time, and he scheduled an absolutely non-urgent but necessary surgery four weeks later (this is including christmas break).  I can go to my hausarzt any freaking day of the week on a drop in basis, provided I am willing to wait (and usually I don't have to wait - if I call first thing in the morning they will give me an appointment same day).  even my frauenarzt - who yes, normally requires booking months in advance for a routine checkup - will see me within a day or two if I have any kind of problem whatsoever. 

If you were living way out in the boonies, that would be one thing, but you're not.

I simply cannot believe you can't work something out with these "caring" doctors who have allegedly been treating your daughter for so many years.  As swimmer suggests, if these people can't accommodate you with this small thing, you need to look for a better practice.

but the even bigger problem is that your freaking EX somehow "blocks" you from getting routine care for your child.  Previously when I raised this you blew it off.  Seriously this is so fucked I have no words.  

I do go private or to other options as I can for years for my daughter because of the blocks. I still need to know what calendar dates she will per the visitation plan be hopefully available to make appointments. That is, she might be available this Friday at 16:00. But I am not sure.

Certainly with dentists, it's possible to just book an appointment online for a few days' time, that's no issue:

https://www.zahnarzt-arztsuche.de/rubrik/online-termin/

Not really sure the medical side is even a private vs public thing so much now.    There's demand for everything and there seems to be increasing segmentation in take up (so one is public vs public patients competing for slots, another is the private ones).

Book this Friday late afternoon as well as the following Friday afternoon someplace in the Hamburg area and pay for both?

been there done that for Sports, medical, School, birthdays, visiting US Family, day care to Play with the neighborhood Girls other than the core few she Plays with in the neighborhood, if that is what you mean, book Things and then she cannot go and I pay for it anyway, lots of double paying,  I agree, that is also a Workaround I can continue to pursue for Basic routine medical appointments. It is debt-inducing, extremely time consuming, and rude to all the other paries involved...but I agree, if that is the only way then that is the only way.

7 hours ago, sonazeit said:

Book this Friday late afternoon as well as the following Friday afternoon someplace in the Hamburg area and pay for both?

been there done that for Sports, medical, School, birthdays, visiting US Family, day care to Play with the neighborhood Girls other than the core few she Plays with in the neighborhood, if that is what you mean, book Things and then she cannot go and I pay for it anyway, lots of double paying,  I agree, that is also a Workaround I can continue to pursue for Basic routine medical appointments. It is debt-inducing, extremely time consuming, and rude to all the other paries involved...but I agree, if that is the only way then that is the only way.

You could book appointments and if it turns out she won´t be able to show up you can usually cancel within 24 hour before at no cost.

Thanks for all the suggestions... still calling around to find a person who does the twice a year  toothcleaning on a late Friday through Sunday afternoon which is usually the only time my daughter is available...still can't find anyone..have googled and called the practices listen as open Satrdays on the lists but no luck so far...probably there is a dental hygenist who works then but haven't found the person yet in Hamburg...all practices I've contacted so far don't have one on duty those hours...so i'm still trying...but booking for a late Friday afternoon I have found one practice open with an opening in the next several weeks but not with the tooth cleaner... that person leaves by midday Fridays.

No so easy to book an late Frieda or weekend tote cleaning for a child..most people don't work those hours...if anyone knows of s.o. in Hamburg please let me know.

This all sounds like a spy movie. She only has time Friday night and weekends=You only have visitation on those days. 

It is not a good idea to get dental or medical work done without the knowledge of the primary custodian. When something serious really happens, he may not have important information concerning her previous health care. 

I’m not sure of the legality of what you are trying to do, but it certainly doesn’t sound appropriate.