Germany to lead the way in cervical cancer vaccine

116 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sonazeit said:

She is physically blocked. From this and other healthcare.

What other health care?

Are you seeking partial or full custody? It seems normal that the custodial parent would make health care decisions unless there is an illness/accident while visiting the other parent.

What would a doctor say if a mother rocked up with her daughter and requested the vaccination? Would they really ask for the dad's permission? I'm just asking - makes no sense.

HPV vaccination is optional, her dad shows no interest and physically blocks her from going to a doctor to get the vaccone during normal doctor hours, so I cannot bring her to get the HPV vaccine. She turned 9 in March 2018 and I have wanted to have her get the HPV vaccine this year as it works better before getting infected.

At this point I seek the HPV vaccine for her. Do you know any advocate?  I can't find any advocate for her to get vaccinated so far. Just lots of propaganda pro vaccination. But not how a girl can physically actually get the vaccination before getting infected when a parent physically blocks. It is an optional vaccine and one from what I read online by girls begging for a way to get it despite their parents' blocking them it is an immunization often blocked by parents.

JA does not care if my daughter gets HPV vaccination. I care. If you know any JA-er who -does- care if my daughter gets the HPV vaccination before infection please let me know the name and contact info by PM. Does any TTer know a girls' rights advocacy group in Germany who might be able to advocate for my daughter to get the vaccine -before- infection?

How does he block her from going to the doctor?  She is at the younger age of the spectrum for the vaccine, there is presumably still time.   How does he know you have an appointment?  

I don't see any medical evidence againt vaccinating at 9. Do you kow any one who can advocate for girls medical rights in Germany to advocate for her to get the vaccine? Yes, she can get it after infection, that is usually how it seems to happen here. I do not see any positive in waiting more years.  I worked in healthcare and HPV sucks massive. The treatment is humiliating and cancer and warts on one's privates are not fun. It is something huge numbers of women suffer though over years silently.

I did not say there was any evidence against vaccinating at 9.   I just said the range recommended is 9 to 14.  Girls and boys can pick it up through fingering and similar of genitals, sex is not required.  What I meant is there is (presumably) still time. 

But you do not answer my question about how your ex is preventing her and you visitng a doctor.  How is he doing this?  I really do not understand this bit.  Please answer rather than obfuscate things as you frequently do.

Physical blocking. I do not know how to explain better. My Mum came over to Germany to see if she had better luck on several other routine medical matters he was blocking but got the same physical blocking. I called around a little today trying to find some girls reproductive rights advocacy group for Germany to see if I have any luck but probably it is a matter of luck if a girl can get the vaccine before infection as it appears they have no right to the vaccine here as long as they are a minor,it is just a matter of luck. He went on Hartz IV for a half year  to block her every single day form normal stuff be that other family members and sprtsverein and particularly healthcare. He actually sat in the day care of the school every single day months on end to block my Mum and me form getting her her routine dental cleaning, and such normal stuff. Your tax dollars at work. I need an advcate for girls medical rights, esp. reproductive care rights for Germany. If you find one, please let me know.

@PandaMunich, Family court judges in HH do what the JA subcontractors tell them to do, and JA does not give a hoot about preventing HPV infection of my daughter. No amount of medical evidence can outweigh what a JA subcontractor with no medical expertise tells a judge to do about access to timely standard effective German medical care for a child.

But I like the link

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/Kommissionen/STIKO/Empfehlungen/Aktuelles/Impfkalender_Poster_dt.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

because it says earlierst point in time is the correct way, but the JA just plain totally does not care and the German courts do whatever JA tells them to do.

But I would have to go to EU level human rights ocurt I believe, and I hear they still go by whatever the opinion of a HH JA subcontractor is no matter how overwhelming the evidence to the contrary is.

If anyone knows of an advocate for girls reproductive mendical care access in Germany please let me know.

24 minutes ago, sonazeit said:

Physical blocking. I do not know how to explain better.

Try it. How can the father physically block the daughter from going to the doctor when she is with you?

I called around a little today trying to find some girls reproductive rights advocacy group

Yeah, I think we got the message now. You've been asking that seven times (edit: eight times) since last night...

Is there any girls rights organization in Germany to advovate for a girl in Germany (currently 9) to get the HPV vaccine?  

is there soem advcacy group that can make it happen for her?

So if any TTer knows of any German-speaking advocay for girls healthcare place in Germany,

I can't find any advocate for her to get vaccinated so far.

Does any TTer know a girls' rights advocacy group in Germany who might be able to advocate for my daughter

Do you kow any one who can advocate for girls medical rights in Germany to advocate for her to get the vaccine?

If anyone knows of an advocate for girls 

However:

for Germany to see if I have any luck but probably it is a matter of luck if a girl can get the vaccine before infection as it appears they have no right to the vaccine here

Wrong, they have the right and the health insurance even pays for it - but it is not a question of "luck," but one of the parents or of the one or the ones who have/has custody.

If the parents can't agree, there is a way - Panda has already shown it to you. 

But I'm not sure if this isn't just a new edition of 'bad German father, bad Germany' (edit: and bad Jugendamt) and you're just looking for a way to come down on the child's father like a ton of brick ...

I want at this point to get her the HPV vaccination before infection. Her pediatrician routinely gives it out.  I don't think a child has a right to it in Germany from what I read and that is is therefore luck if the child has a parent who will let the child get it. Just as a child has no right to dental cleaning. It is a nice to have. I hear some teen girls in Germany convince doctors to give them the HPV shot  anyway16 if they are persistent. I don't see how my daughter can get the vaccine before then at this point. It seems a parent can block it until the child is 16 or maybe even 18. But maybe the wording of the pamphlet on the site PandaMunich mentioned mentioning the earlier the better concept might help against the current bias toward extended procrastination despite no medical reason to do so.

Where can she get it on the weekend or maybe Christmas? I don't like to drag her to emergency rooms for a routine matter and I don't think they would have it anyway on hand. It is degrading and traumatizing to her. I just want normal care of her that is standard in Germany.

1 hour ago, sonazeit said:

Where can she get it on the weekend or maybe Christmas? I don't like to drag her to emergency rooms for a routine matter and I don't think they would have it anyway on hand. It is degrading and traumatizing to her. I just want normal care of her that is standard in Germany.

Then you need to address your custody rights and maybe you need to seek legal advice, your doctor's advice and Jugendamt.  Some assertion of your rights  as her mother.

You could call one of the Frauenhilfe hotlines for advice?

2 hours ago, sonazeit said:

I don't see how my daughter can get the vaccine before then at this point. It seems a parent can block it until the child is 16 or maybe even 18.

Panda has shown you how to go about it. How can you assume without having tried that route that the court won´t grant you the custody right to have it done is beyond me (as is your belief that youth authorities will try to prevent vaccination).

Also this is not really about girls rights.  Boys get the HPV vaccine now too, and some parents do not want their child to have any vaccinations at all.  

There was a court case won by father in the press in 2017.  His problem was that his daughter was living with the mother, so difficult to get her to the doctor.   

https://www.t-online.de/leben/familie/kleinkind/id_81263300/vater-setzt-impfung-der-tochter-gegen-ex-partnerin-durch.html

13 hours ago, sonazeit said:

He actually sat in the day care of the school every single day months on end to block my Mum and me form getting her her routine dental cleaning, and such normal stuff.

Who has custody of your daughter? 

13 hours ago, sonazeit said:

I need an advcate for girls medical rights, esp. reproductive care rights for Germany. If you find one, please let me know.

Although, it has already been said, you seem to have trouble understanding English. 

YOU NEED TO GO FIRST TO THE JUGENDAMT AND THEN TO COURT.

Regular dental check ups are also important for children. If your ex has some weird phobia of modern medicine you need to get this sorted ASAP.

Assuming the JA won't help you will not get you anywhere.