Climate change discussion

1,607 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, theGman said:

I don't normally do this, but I was curious as to what fraufruit was responding to...I clicked on that first link.

I didn't click on any link. I simply googled "NASA global cooling" and got many hits from whacko sites. Then I went directly to NASA.

1 hour ago, mako1 said:

So are the effects of smoking. So light up, dumbass.

Who styled your hair?

alt-bicus is pushing alt-science, just like SA618 and sorcerers_apprentice before him. And he wonders how he is found out so quickly and reliably.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

8 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

alt-bicus is pushing alt-science, just like SA618 and sorcerers_apprentice before him. And he wonders how he is found out so quickly and reliably.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Quoting the IPCC reort is alt-science??

You are truly a clown.  😂

You may remember he copy-pasted an entire paragraph praising Hilary Clinton, passing it off as his own work on here.

You have to admit he is entertaining. This video might have been made about him...

5 hours ago, alderhill said:

What are you suggesting? That because some long-dead scientist (died long before Nasa became what Nasa is today) was an off-kilter occultist, and because of that, Nasa is involved in a conspiracy to falsify climate-change data? 

Ding,ding,ding the magic word as far as J2 is concerned.

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Well that's if you trust NASA

Funnily enough in your previous bullshit post about what NASA said you seemed to trust them.

7 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Poor old Wikiwarrior. Here's a question. Have you ever dived a coral reef* and seen coral bleaching first hand? Are there any reefs near that Berlin flat of yours, let alone trees?

Have you ?

Or are we going to get one of your drunken delusions about when you did,or when you were in Kenya,Morocco or anywhere else you picked by looking in an atlas.

When you ingest drugs or mushrooms and "go on a trip" it doesn`t really mean you go on a trip,it`s all a hallucination.

It's hard to live in 2019.

Conspiracy theory idiots on one side

Climate "Fridays for Future" alarmists willing to bring the humanity back to Stone Age, on the other side

7 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Climate "Fridays for Future" alarmists willing to bring the humanity back to Stone Age, on the other side

Who would have thought that students would opt to skip Friday afternoon classes and enjoy the nice weather with their friends while saying a few Hail Gretas.  

My guess is that a 9:00 am Saturday start time wouldn't bring quite as much humanity to the protest.   

34 minutes ago, balticus said:

Confessons are associated with religious movements.   

Just buy theses indulgences ...  er ... carbon credits and you will have salvation.  

28 minutes ago, balticus said:

Who would have thought that students would opt to skip Friday afternoon classes and enjoy the nice weather with their friends while saying a few Hail Gretas.  

My guess is that a 9:00 am Saturday start time wouldn't bring quite as much humanity to the protest.   

Things you say when you've run out of factual material from credible sources.

8 hours ago, yourkeau said:

If that is how it is seen, then that's quite sad. Young people wanting us all to use sustainable energy, stop using plastic, eat less meat, use public transport etc etc etc. These things are all going to have to happen eventually, that is of course inevitable. Scientists are saying though that we should making this switch incredibly quickly, as we are damaging the planet at a tremendous rate. It is alarming.

Back to the stone age? Hardly. Wind power, self sufficient homes and biking to work is stone age? Why are old people so worried about stopping the gas guzzling, each to their own, throw away culture? And why the need to piss on kids who are campaigning for a greener future for themselves?

19 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Poor old Wikiwarrior. Here's a question. Have you ever dived a coral reef* and seen coral bleaching first hand? Are there any reefs near that Berlin flat of yours, let alone trees?

As opposed to the vast forests of coral reefs in Holzkirchen, you mean? And to think you question my critical thinking abilities...

In contrast to a certain sad, delusional, friendless old man, I'm perfectly happy with my life right now, so I have no need to constantly boast about my past "accomplishments". But since you asked, before our son was born, my wife and I were avid divers with PADI AOWD certification. According to our dive logs, we've spent some 77 hours underwater on over 100 dives - in the Med, the Red Sea, the Maldives, and the Gulf of Mexico. The coral bleaching was already painfully obvious in the Indian Ocean in 1998. It started becoming noticeable in the southern Red Sea around 2003.

19 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

*Marine Science Expedition to the Red Sea 1998

Would that be the Red Sea off Somalia then?

On 9/18/2019, 11:20:07, jeremytwo said:

Policing of danger spots such as the Red Sea off Somalia has to be undertaken by a sovereign nation, not an unofficial body.

Too bad Somalia doesn't border the Red Sea. Surely someone who mentions his time in Saudi as much as you do would know the difference between the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, right? Makes me doubt you've ever been there at all. Does Trump need to lend you his Sharpie again?

5d84716139dc1_redsea1.gif.21fa78775f5022

Are you sure this wasn't just some drunk dream of yours? Can't see coral bleaching if you've never been in the water, right?

Half my son's class is going to Brandenburg Gate after 4th period today, although they've been warned that it will count as an unexcused absence and they won't be able to make up any quizzes or papers they might miss as a result. We told him that if he thinks it's important to go, he can join them.

25 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

in the Med, the Red Sea, the Maldives, and the Gulf of Mexico. The coral bleaching was already painfully obvious in the Indian Ocean in 1998. 

Takes discretionary long haul flights,  unnecessarily generating tons of CO2, and now engaging in handwringing because of damage from too much CO2.  

Nice self awareness.   

😂😂

See, j²? That's what a non sequitur looks like.

And just like that, alt-bicus goes back to one of SA618's old favorites: If you fly or drive a car, you can't be convinced that man-made climate change is real or you're a hypocrite. Get fucked, alt-troll.

31 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

See, j²? That's what a non sequitur looks like.

And just like that, alt-bicus goes back to one of SA618's old favorites: If you fly or drive a car, you can't be convinced that man-made climate change is real or you're a hypocrite. Get fucked, alt-troll.

Recommendations to reduce one's carbon footprint are fascist.   The power of belief will save the planet from this existential crisis.   Because science.   

:lol: