Climate change

1,951 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

No it is not as good as face-to-face.  But surely better than spending xx days on a boat with limited facilities and makes an even greater point.

I am not sure, I think that speech in USA was very successful to her interests.

3 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

No it is not as good as face-to-face.  But surely better than spending xx days on a boat with limited facilities and makes an even greater point.

It’s all a matter of implementation. A larger than life 2D video or hologram plus as you said what people would infer from it can be a big hit. Inking distance f2f meetings must in general die. If the technology is not immersive enough to replace them most times than it must be improved.

20 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

A larger than life 2D video or hologram plus as you said what people would infer from it can be a big hit. Inking distance f2f meetings must in general die. If the technology is not immersive enough to replace them most times than it must be improved.

And then all business travel will stop. Cool!

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

And then all business travel will stop. Cool!

Not really. Business in Asia is handled like in southern europe: decisions are made while eating and drinking. This establishes a trust bond.

Also technical discussions, training, troubleshooting have to be done in loco. Not to mention that in many companies it is forbidden any type of outside access without being there. All my trips to Asia were like that: I could not even bring a watch or a pen inside!

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I was only funning.

Oh, and you forgot bribe paying which can include dinners, drinks and whores. :D

And drugs!

Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest person, is committing $10 billion of his own money to fight climate change through the creation of the “Bezos Earth Fund.”

The Amazon (AMZN) CEO announced the launch on Instagram, asserting humans can save the Earth by using an inclusive approach that combines the efforts and resources of all stakeholders.

"We can save Earth. It’s going to take collective action from big companies, small companies, nation-states, global organizations, and individuals,” the post stated. “I’m committing $10 billion to start and will begin issuing grants this summer. Earth is the one thing we all have in common — let’s protect it, together."

here

Russell Crowe's message on the climate crisis – video

In a recorded video message played during the Fire Fight Australia bushfire relief concert on Sunday, actor Russell Crowe gives a stark warning and call to action about dealing with the climate crisis. More than 70,000 people attended the 10-hour concert at ANZ Stadium in Sydney organised by comedian Celeste Barber, with artists including Queen with Adam Lambert, 5 Seconds of Summer, Guy Sebastian, John Farnham  and KD Lang