Climate change

1,963 posts in this topic

I am not related to this Trump geezer, fraufruit, I am offended! I am on Crete for the warm weather and I am f.... freezing!

:angry:

I expect sun and warmth in January. I am needy!

I do NOT want to wait till March to not know where socks are lying around...

:ph34r:.

Planes Drop Thousands Of Kilograms Of Carrots And Sweet Potatoes For Starving Animals

Aircraft are being used to drop thousands of kilograms of carrots and sweet potato to hungry wildlife stranded amid the Australian bushfire crisis.

Matt Kean, environment minister for New South Wales, said although the animals have successfully managed to flee the fires, they’re now outside of their natural habitat and are therefore left without food.

So far, they have dropped more than 2,200kg of fresh vegetables for animals living below.

"Sir David Attenborough warns of climate 'crisis moment'"

"The moment of crisis has come" in efforts to tackle climate change, Sir David Attenborough has warned.

According to the renowned naturalist and broadcaster, "we have been putting things off for year after year".

"As I speak, south east Australia is on fire. Why? Because the temperatures of the Earth are increasing," he said.

Sir David's comments came in a BBC News interview to launch a year of special coverage on the subject of climate change.

Sir David told me it was "palpable nonsense" for some politicians and commentators to suggest that the Australian fires were nothing to do with the world becoming warmer.

"We know perfectly well," he said, that human activity is behind the heating of the planet.

"We have to realise that this is not playing games," Sir David said.

"This is not just having a nice little debate, arguments and then coming away with a compromise.

"This is an urgent problem that has to be solved and, what's more, we know how to do it - that's the paradoxical thing, that we're refusing to take steps that we know have to be taken."

This year is seen as a vital opportunity to turn the tide on climate change.

The UK is hosting what's billed as a crucial UN summit, known as COP26, in Glasgow in November.

Ahead of that gathering, governments worldwide are coming under pressure to toughen their targets for cutting emissions.

That's because their current pledges do not go nearly far enough.

BBC

So.. Greta says live on TV that there hasnt been any change in co² emissions...  

Where does she get her info from?

Anyone know how much she is worth?

10 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

More than we`ll ever be.

And what`s the bet her finances are controlled by her parents.

Trump Just Called Climate Scientists ‘Foolish Fortune Tellers’

According to Trump, we shouldn't listen to those "alarmists," who want “absolute power to dominate, transform and control every aspect of our lives.”

Despite a growing mountain of evidence that shows the world is careening towards a climate catastrophe, symbolized this month by the devastating bushfires in Australia, President Donald Trump thinks that “this is not a time of pessimism, this is a time for optimism.”

In his remarks at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on Tuesday morning, Trump spent the vast majority of his speech reeling off a laundry list of economic indicators that showed just how strong the U.S. economy is. But he finished his address by attacking climate change activists and scientists who have been raising the alarm about the plight of the planet.

“Fear and doubt is not a good thought process,” Trump said. “Because this is a time for tremendous hope and joy and optimism in action. But to embrace the possibilities of tomorrow, we must reject the perennial prophets of doom, and their predictions of the apocalypse.”

Everything is just fine in Cloud Cuckoo Land :rolleyes:

On 1/21/2020, 9:36:12, SpiderPig said:

Should be rich, crossing the Atlantic on a sailboat is not accessible to everyone.

And the Spanish offered her a donkey to travel from Lisbon to Madrid and she refused, so definitely rich.

Just now, MikeMelga said:

Should be rich, crossing the Atlantic on a sailboat is not accessible to everyone.

Some random couple offered to take her in their boat.

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

Some random couple offered to take her in their boat.

Should have added the <sarcasm> to it.

Thing is, you can cross the atlantic for free, but you have to help out as a sailor, which means an experienced sailor doing long hours, which she didn´t.

My complain about it was that she crossed the Atlantic on a very expensive catamaran, to avoid air travel, like if the common mortal could do the same.

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

My complain about it was that she crossed the Atlantic on a very expensive catamaran, to avoid air travel, like if the common mortal could do the same.

Whatever way she traveled to US and back would be criticized by the haters.

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

Whatever way she traveled to US and back would be criticized by the haters.

Yep if she flew, little hypocrite, look at all the carbon dioxide she generated.

If she sailed rich elitist little moron.

If she swam. Well she's just showing off.

If she teleported. Not everyone has friends on a starship

If she walked: Who does she think she is? Jesus!

Just now, dj_jay_smith said:

Actually the best thing would be to stay and home and use Skype!

yeah, she has my fundamental support, but I’d tell her what I tell my colleagues often: we travel too much and God gave us Videoconferencing for a reason.

hell, she commands a lot of resources nowadays. Push through a VR appearance. If technology can resurrect dead pop stars it can send her and us virtually around the globe as well. Right now it’s a matter of implementation.

1 hour ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Actually the best thing would be to stay and home and use Skype!

Shouting in anger does not have the same impact over weak Skype communications.

P.S., Check Louis Rossmann being a witness over Skype in the case against Apple in Norway for a disappointment on cross-atlantic video conferencing

13 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Shouting in anger does not have the same impact over weak Skype communications.

P.S., Check Louis Rossmann being a witness over Skype in the case against Apple in Norway for a disappointment on cross-atlantic video conferencing

No it is not as good as face-to-face.  But surely better than spending xx days on a boat with limited facilities and makes an even greater point.