Climate change

1,965 posts in this topic

yep that does sum it up very nicely.

I'd just advise anyone who is willing to do the research not to bother.  It's a sucker's game.

Another example of the propaganda failing to convince people to ignore reality around them: A majority of Americans - including young people who identify as Republican - want the government to do more to combat climate change.

Climate deniers are traditionally aligned with the American right, understandably given their pro–big business views. Yet a new Pew Research poll finds that many younger conservatives say that the government isn't doing enough to reduce the effects of climate change. That suggests that U.S. politics may be coming to resemble one of the many European countries that have right-wing green parties, and/or conservative parties that do not deny basic science on climate change.

The Pew Research Center conducted the survey, titled "U.S. Public Views on Climate and Energy," which polled 3,627 U.S. adults and was conducted between Oct. 1 and Oct. 13, 2019. Among those surveyed, 67 percent say the federal government is doing too little to reduce the effects of climate change. Similar shares agree that the government’s efforts to protect air and water qualities are lacking.

28 minutes ago, Chocky said:

@gaberlunzi Why do all climate deniers seem to be old white men?

The key players on both sides reflect the makeup of their respective specializations.  

What do you think the demographics of an elite Uni's Math or Physics department are?  How about a SV startup?

If you want an old white woman's perspective, try Judith Curry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Curry?wprov=sfla1

27 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Please stop posting youtube videos! Please post peer reviewed papers!

I approve this post. :)

On 11/26/2019, 9:50:11, balticus said:

What is your definition?

That it is the rise in the average temperature of the climate,that`s it.Nothing to do with what or who causes it.

It does not mean because it still snows that there is no such thing as global warming.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Please stop posting youtube videos! Please post peer reviewed papers!

They won`t.

Because those evil scientists are in it with the deep state.

And that`s seriously what many people think which is why they prefer youtube videos with some non scientist.

16 hours ago, Keleth said:

They won`t.

Because those evil scientists are in it with the deep state.

And that`s seriously what many people think which is why they prefer youtube videos with some non scientist.

The  climate change is real, no argument. The question is, is climate change caused by human action (or living things interaction on earth)

in whole, or in part, or is it caused by the sun or other action/effect in the universe.

This has not been answered to an agreed point. What the effect of life interaction may cause in thousand years may be a point to look at, but for the present the sun's action might be the most important factor. Just my humble lay person's opinion.

3 hours ago, gaberlunzi said:

Just my humble lay person's opinion.

What is your opinion on sterile neutrinos as an explanation for the observed neutrino anomalies? Is the Daya Bay measurement of the antineutrino flux the end of the road for the 4 neutrino framework?

I'm just asking because climate science is probably more complicated than the physics of neutrino oscillations and therefore I would like a lay person's opinion on this hot topic too.

27 minutes ago, theGman said:

What is your opinion on sterile neutrinos as an explanation for the observed neutrino anomalies? Is the Daya Bay measurement of the antineutrino flux the end of the road for the 4 neutrino framework?

I'm just asking because climate science is probably more complicated than the physics of neutrino oscillations and therefore I would like a lay person's opinion on this hot topic too.

Find the conversion point/cause from matter to energy or versa and you may have your answer.

What do they call this test tunnel in Swizerland were they do tests on atomic particles? I guess there they are working on it.