Climate change

1,953 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, theGman said:

Great line from The Guardian on climate change denial.

Is it pure arrogance that makes laypeople think they know better than scientists who have spent their lives painstakingly researching an issue? Or a desperate insecurity that makes them unable to stand the respect accorded to experts?

Might have been true 50 years ago, but today their lives are spent satisfying funding foundations to further those fnds agendas. Objective science died years ago.

As regards AGW it has to satisfy certain agendas:

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/agw-basics-of-whats-wrong/

12) The major drivers of the process are not scientists, but political bodies with agendas for control and a history of corruption and deception. UN? You want me to trust a UN Political Committee? The IPCC is NOT a bunch of scientists, it’s a bunch of politicians. They consult scientists. They have at times re-written scientists work (without notice). Many scientists have now begun speaking out against the IPCC. See #11 for how they are treated.

Go research who IPCC are.

The GHCN dataset are rubbish and no account is made for the Urban Heat Island effect.

It must be awful living in your world where everyone else is wrong or there is a problem with everything you see or read.

One minute you are leching at ladies in the sauna.. young girls on the beach in southern france... Standing on a stool to perv your friends neighbours wife in that big house and now you are "Oh dear" ing at some bloke getting a BJ at Walchensee... 

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

It must be awful living in your world where everyone else is wrong or there is a problem with everything you see or read. 

69.jpg.2e17bfaa9db05c3a0333f2b2db039970.

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Listen to this from Shiva (a cool guy). He explains exactly what the Paris Accords are:

https://www.pscp.tv/va_shiva/1yoKMBMPeNnGQ

Ah yes, V. A. Shiva Ayyadurai, the man who claimed that HE invented the email.  Only to retract the statement later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_Ayyadurai

Why is it that you only believe liars and bullshitters? 

Think I'd take the word of David Attenborough over this chancer.  P.S. David invented red paint.

3 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Might have been true 50 years ago, but today their lives are spent satisfying funding foundations to further those fnds agendas. Objective science died years ago.

Hmm, as a scientist, I would rather take the big bucks from the oil companies and report true results rather than fake my results in order to fight for scraps from funding agencies. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a scientist. I'm sure you know better.

Is it pure arrogance that makes laypeople think they know better than scientists who have spent their lives painstakingly researching an issue? Or a desperate insecurity that makes them unable to stand the respect accorded to experts?

49 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Think I'd take the word of David Attenborough over this chancer.  P.S. David invented red paint.

Er, just how many cc's is that beautiful sounding motorbike of yours Hoops? And do you plant any trees to make up for your carbon footprint afterwards? What bit are you doing to save the planet? Er...

As a matter of fact I myself do plant trees. I will be installing  a Buddleia bush in my garden autumn/spring for butterflies and bees. And only this morning, I ripped out two escaped raspberry bushes from a field next to a garden for next year! What a hippy!

2 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Er, just how many cc's is that beautiful sounding motorbike of yours Hoops? And do you plant any trees to make up for your carbon footprint afterwards? What bit are you doing to save the planet? Er...

As a matter of fact I myself do plant trees. I will be installing  a Buddleia bush in my garden autumn/spring for butterflies and bees. And only this morning, I ripped out two escaped raspberry bushes from a field next to a garden for next year! What a hippy!

Whoa, back up a minute there Bono, I was calling out your source as a liar. Backed up with a fact, have you heard of those?

And don't preach to me about being green, when you're always banging on about where your wife takes you all over the planet.  Hypocrite.

Still, no doubt Shiva will confirm that your butterfly bush will offset the destruction of the rainforest.

Would love to be at the dinner table at your house tonight if Piggy carried out his threat . :lol:

30 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Whoa, back up a minute there Bono, I was calling out your source as a liar. Backed up with a fact, have you heard of those?

Me Bono? You mean Paul David Hewson (his real name)  the bloke who "does stuff" for Africa? I can't stand the idiot myself. 

41 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Me Bono? You mean Paul David Hewson (his real name)  the bloke who "does stuff" for Africa? I can't stand the idiot myself. 

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Allegedly, animal agriculture is responsible for a sizeable proportion of climate change due to the methane gas they produce.

If we are serious about tackling this issue, then we need to address the bullshit, and who causes it.  Answers on a postcard please ... ... ...

4 hours ago, hooperski said:

Allegedly, animal agriculture is responsible for a sizeable proportion of climate change due to the methane gas they produce.

If we are serious about tackling this issue, then we need to address the bullshit, and who causes it.  Answers on a postcard please ... ... ...

So is rice production, but we can't do a thing about it... how about tackling the real big issues, which are transportation and energy production? Then we can leave rice and meat eaters alone.

Just googled your claim and was amazed at my findings.

Why is it that just the meat producers are getting a bad press and not rice producers.

Mind you, I assume in the big scheme of things, per acre, rice will feed more people that beef. We are the problem.