Climate change

1,745 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Chris Marston said:

Revealed: Google made large contributions to climate change deniers

Right, just like George Sorros does indeed fund much of the left, but the fact there are elements of truth does not make an illuminati conspiracy reality.

2 hours ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Oh dear, the kochs are a conspiracy boogyman next to George Sorros.  Thats not to say they arent powerful, but this is that whole Bohemian Grove, pizzagate level tinfoil hattery.

It actually isn't. The Kochs really did finance all those climate change denial think tanks - there's actually lots of proof that you can find from credible sources all over the web with just a little searching.

Soros, on the other hand, has been blamed for funding everything from Antifa to Greta, which simply isn't true.

24 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Right, just like George Sorros does indeed fund much of the left, but the fact there are elements of truth does not make an illuminati conspiracy reality.

The quoted article does only reference pressure groups conspiring to shape policy-making and succeeding – not more, not less.

Lobbying works and some (if not most) billionaires user their money to influence politics effectively.

Here Jeff, did you catch your friends in action blocking bridges and hospitals this week?

1975 global cooling...

Image result for newsweek april 28 1975 cover

2 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Here Jeff, did you catch your friends in action blocking bridges and hospitals this week?

1975 global cooling...

Image result for newsweek april 28 1975 cover

Fuck off.

You shouldn`t be anywhere near this forum,you should be sitting in a dark room hanging your head in shame

Apparently methane is one of the worst causes of climate change. If so these guys need hanging from trees:

If so these guys need hanging from trees:

J2 reference here to lynching is offensive and reprehensible and just another indication he's a very sick person with a hole in his soul. He simply doesn't care how offensive the stuff he posts is becoming more outrageous and vile in his rhetoric. He knows how much pain the stained legacy of lynching of mostly blacks in the U.S. has inflicted and lynching was done as racial terror.

There is nothing amusing about this post and this sick individual should seek help. 

Lynching is an act of terror to spread fear among black people. It served the broad social purpose of maintaining white supremacy in economic, social, and political spheres.

Basically, what J2 saying with this post is these white guys should suffer the same horrible fate of 4085 black people.

7 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Apparently methane is one of the worst causes of climate change. If so these guys need hanging from trees:

Fuck off.

You shouldn`t be anywhere near this forum,you should be sitting in a dark room hanging your head in shame

19 hours ago, Chris Marston said:

Lobbying works and some (if not most) billionaires user their money to influence politics effectively.

Exactly my point.  Agreed.

On 10/4/2019, 11:31:48, Keleth said:

Funnily enough when I do it on a fresh browser the BBC is 1st then the Torygraph then the Sun.

It just shows your normal leanings

Whether you read The Sun or not you shouldn`t link to it unless your happy sending clicks to them.

Well, Keleth,  I sometimes read the worst rags eg Daily Mail - not because I like or admire it - but to try to suss out what the “ enemy “ is writing or what its readers are thinking.

I got this tip from a fellow student 40 years ago who was in the SWP in London!

I read parts of the Guardian, the Independent, sometimes the Telegraph, sometimes even the Morning Star?

I don’t bother with the comics of the UK press eg the Sun.

There is basically, in my humble opinion, no reason to read only stuff I might agree with.

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

Well, Keleth,  I sometimes read the worst rags eg Daily Mail - not because I like or admire it - but to try to suss out what the “ enemy “ is writing or what its readers are thinking.

I got this tip from a fellow student 40 years ago who was in the SWP in London!

I read parts of the Guardian, the Independent, sometimes the Telegraph, sometimes even the Morning Star?

I don’t bother with the comics of the UK press eg the Sun.

There is basically, in my humble opinion, no reason to read only stuff I might agree with.

You can read things where you don`t agree with their viewpoint such as the Telegraph etc but this and this are 2 of the many reasons you should not just not read the sun but should not send any traffic its way by linking its articles or videos.

I thought the Sun and News International couldn`t get any lower after Hillsborough then along came Millie Dowler and the News of the Worlds hold my beer moment

4 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

UK relevant, but he has a point!

71930877_10157545105763320_7697084678699

I don't get this guys point. He's saying when he was a kid everything was great but now that he is an adult everything is fucked. But that's literally proving the point that it was his generation that fucked up the planet... that's what the kids are saying.

Climate change protester arrested by police in London shouts out "Give peas a chance".  Allegedly he is a member of the "Greens".

Climate change Happens it is real but it is abused by the rich and powerfull to exploit the weeker smaller countries.

On 15.10.2019, 13:37:06, hooperski said:

Climate change protester arrested by police in London shouts out "Give peas a chance".  Allegedly he is a member of the "Greens".

Mr Brocolli's interview on Good morning.

Keep waiting for Extinction Rebellion to chain themselves over the McDrive, where fast food fans sit in long lines, letting their autos run the whole time, just to buy their latest coupon inspired meal (then chuck the packainging/wrapper out their car window later on). The coupon time extra food production there equals more plastic and paper waste (plastic lids, straws, salad forks and knives, plastic wrapped cookies for the to go drinks, etc.) as well as more energy waste (water run in diswashers, power consumed by lighting, grills, fryers, oven, coffee machine, etc.). What would happen if the service people refused to give customers all the plastic articles? Bring your own thermos or cup is ok at such places but few people bother to. No one brings their own eatting utensils, plate, or a glass/cup for their soft drink etc. But they could. Actually. It would be interesting to see. And non-violent. But better still, just don't frequent such places?