Climate change

2,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

I also wonder how many of those kids have ever seen a glacier they are talking about.

I have been involved in charting a large cave in the Alps that had an "indoor glacier", as it were, an enormous ice block that filled an entire cavern. It has been drilled, and the core of the block was shown to be from the last Ice Age in Europe.

I have watched it shrink over the last 15 years...

... it's completely gone now.

Think what you will. I know what it means. I've seen the proof.

21 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

You do not need to lecture a mountaineer about glacier melting you Berliner. I've been to Glarus: gorgeous place. But no glacier. Like in Allgäu.

I also now live in a desert, and I assure you people are alive and supplied with drinking water even though there is not a single river available. Also, the 100% sewage water is recycled and further used for agriculture or watering the trees in cities (this is how there are green cities in the middle of the desert). So, we will not die. Just will have to learn to use A/C.

Whether you can stop the inevitable process of conversion of Europe into desert, I have doubts.

Should we better:

1. Invest the money into trying to stop the warming of the planet?

2. Into technology which allows to live comfortable lives in a desert?

37 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You do not need to lecture a mountaineer about glacier melting you Berliner.

Apparently, I do. Mitigating global warming isn't as easy as turning on the air conditioning. How are you going to deal with the millions of coastal refugees whose homes have been flooded by rising sea levels? How can you ensure a global food supply if farm belts turn to desert?

I know you're old and childless, so you don't give a shit beyond your own limited lifetime, but some of us care about the world we're leaving behind for our children.

10 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Apparently, I do. Mitigating global warming isn't as easy as turning on the air conditioning. How are you going to deal with the millions of coastal refugees whose homes have been flooded by rising sea levels? How can you ensure a global food supply if farm belts turn to desert?

I know you're old and childless, so you don't give a shit beyond your own limited lifetime, but some of us care about the world we're leaving behind for our children.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

coastal refugees lmao,it's just NOT going to happen ,the biggest threat to mankind is liberals and plastic bags,and in the end who give a flying f### we're all going to die anyway

18 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Come on man, you're not the sharpest rifle in the armory eh? 

I presume this is a joke within a joke as it makes no sense.

With your command of English, I'm channeling Paul (Steve Coogan) Calf here:

I`m not channeling anything here when I say I always thought you were one of these conspiracy nuts who couldn`t sort reality from what they read on their computers.

Now though you`re actually on your way to becoming (if you`re not already) a facist.

All the agendas you push come from the far right be it their stance on immigrants (despite being one yourself,although the "right" colour)

Facists are not happy with just lying they have to try and turn their lie into a new reality and persuade people to believe in that new reality.IE you and your majority of bullshit posts where you just lie to make it like you`re telling the truth,that`s when you don`t just totally ignore facts countering your bullshit completely.

Goebbels said that propaganda was art and not politics in that they created an alternative reality for the Germans to believe in as in your "No climate change""The hordes from the East""Anyone not right wing is a child eating pedophile" etc etc.

With your command of English

Oh please do expand.

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

My daughter came down crying having heard this shite about dying in 12 years

Or she came down crying because you were in another drunken stupor shouting Sieg Heil while pulling one off to a pic of your new fave Trump.

5 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Now all of you call me a tinfoiler, which isn't true. I just know "their" symbolism now having studied it. One thing leapt out at me this morning. Fridays For Future is the school protest movement. F is the 6th letter of the alphabet. What does FFF make? They aren't even hiding this anymore. Go check out London-based Extinction Rebellion's logo also

Most of what I read in those links is your usual bollocks.

However I do agree that Thunberg is not running this herself and there is a lot more behind her than people like to believe.

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

And as for Q being a cult, nope. Many of the codes in it are coming true. Q is real. Back soon also

No it`s not.

Things that are happening now like  Epstein are being linked into Q and basically Q is being expanded to include all the other crazy conspiracy theories.

Thing is Q has got so crazy that now Trump is trying to distance himself from it despite earlier being a proponent of it.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

From March 20, 2000:

According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”.

"Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/children-just-arent-going-to-know-what-snow-is/news-story/5a16c85680b7cc94f345240a727fb09d

It's deja vu all over again.  

3 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

MIT? Nope not a credible institution. Epstein donated to them and they have just lost a huge name:

https://www.osnews.com/story/130635/richard-stallman-resigns-from-fsf-mit-after-defending-child-rape/

The list of those who went to Epstein island is going to shock the world. 

Copy and paste from Wiki

As of March 2019, 93 Nobel laureates, 26 Turing Award winners, and 8 Fields Medalists have been affiliated with MIT as alumni, faculty members, or researchers. In addition, 58 National Medal of Science recipients, 29 National Medals of Technology and Innovation recipients, 50 MacArthur Fellows,[15] 73 Marshall Scholars,[16] 45 Rhodes Scholars,[17] 41 astronauts,[18] and 16 Chief Scientists of the US Air Force have been affiliated with MIT. The school also has a strong entrepreneurial culture, and the aggregated annual revenues of companies founded by MIT alumni ($1.9 trillion) would rank roughly as the tenth-largest economy in the world (2014).[19][20] MIT is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU).[21]

Nope definitely not a reliable source.

For fucks sake J2 the man who uses internet conspiracy bloggers and right wing site as "sources" decides that MIT is not a "credible" institution.

35 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

The last time people made assumtions about me were right wing people. Now left wing fanatics are doing the same.

The problem which you describe can appear regardless of what you do or what you do not do. I would set up a big migration plan to resettle people from Africa to Europe, integrate them, and convert Africa to a big national park (the reverse colonialism).

Of course, no one, left or right, would ever agree to that, so we wait till the rising levels and waves of refugees.

How can you ensure a global food supply if farm belts turn to desert?

There is technology for that, no problem. Water comes from desalination plants. Yes, there is another environmental concern about what to do with the salt (pouring it back into the sea is suboptimal idea).

Basically, if you start thinking about preparing solutions to problems which will arise from climate changes, it will be more producing than the proposed de-growth, job killings and keeping poor countries poor.

I was travelling by train the first 23 years of my life for distances 700 km and more, because there were no low cost airlines.

My lifetime CO2 contribution is much lower than that of Greta Thunberg.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

I also now live in a desert, and I assure you people are alive and supplied with drinking water even though there is not a single river available. Also, the 100% sewage water is recycled and further used for agriculture or watering the trees in cities (this is how there are green cities in the middle of the desert). So, we will not die. Just will have to learn to use A/C.

Maybe you know about Geoff Lawton, one of the granddaddies of permaculture:

btw regarding a/c how many of you know of the Arabian wind towers? I saw loads of them in the UAE. No need for a/c

45 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Ask Barack and Michael Obama who have just bought a house right on the sea. 

As for farming - ever heard of permaculture? I've been practising it for a decade. Check out names like Joel Salatin, Seth Holzer in Austria and Bill Mollison, our permie pioneers.

20 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I presume this is a joke within a joke as it makes no sense.

böah blah blah

I've found a new place to live - rent free in little keleth's head! :) 

What we also need to change is our "throw away" society. In the past people actually repaired things. Now if something breaks, it is thrown away and replaced. This is really bad for the environment.

As soon as the guarantee runs out and things break, people throw away and buy new as it is not economically viable to get something repaired....

It is all about money and greed at the end of the day. Sad indeed.

the problem is Anna66 things nowadays are actually designed to fail after 2 or 3 years (when the guarantee runs out) they have a built-in electrical fault and it is cheaper to just buy a new one ..sad but true

10 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

I've found a new place to live - rent free in little keleth's head! :) 

Oh you do amuse me,kind of like when there`s an ant walking and you put your foot in front of it so it turns round then you repeat this.Probably pisses the ant off no ends but amuses me.

What a surprise.

Has time for this little witticism but no time to answer the many questions he`s been asked or to back up his bullshit with facts.

35 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

No, it's just breeders.

greenhouse_DRUPAL_copyedited-01.png?itok

Ok, it's like this:

1. No children.

2. No car.

3. Never been to the US since the orange clown became a president.

So if you want to stop me from making a transatlantic flight, vote for him im 2020.

6 minutes ago, delbert said:

the problem is Anna66 things nowadays are actually designed to fail after 2 or 3 years (when the guarantee runs out) they have a built-in electrical fault and it is cheaper to just buy a new one ..sad but true

If you buy a TV from Sony and it goes wrong out of guarantee then most people wouldn`t call Sony to repair it but go to a much cheaper local repairman.

So they make them break after a while knowing that they`re now so cheap compared to repairing that you`ll buy a new one and maybe from Sony again.

Sorry wrong quote was meant to be in reply to Anna66

Anyone who denies the climate is changing is a moron basically.

Now everyone can disagree to whats causing it and how quick it will change but to actually deny it is happening is laughable.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

So it's clear one cannot have any kind of objective discussion with Keleth on anything.

Climate changes all the time. We have weather and the average of weather is climate.

That reminds me...

What happens when you predict snow but don’t get any? This is a true story . . .

There was a female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn’t, turned to the weatherman and asked, “So Bob, where’s that 8 inches you promised me last night?”

Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too because they were laughing so hard!

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Now everyone can disagree to whats causing it and how quick it will change but to actually deny it is happening is laughable.

And everyone who acknowledges the climate change, action to be done, and has about 10 years of experience of research on renewable energy sources, but highly disagrees with fanatics like Greta Thunberg, Anton Hofreither, BUND Naturschutz, is labelled as climate change denier scum by the new left.

What can I say. I can shake my head.