Munich Cricket Club - news updates

67 posts in this topic

Yeah I looked on that website and I saw there are still games being played on Saturdays through August, so I was referring to that. But I might be able to make it down tomorrow anyway, I need to get out of this little town im in!

So if you see a short 27year old kiwi floating around, that me.

Also I note training finishes at the rather social time of 7pm on a Friday? Does that suggest you gather around a table afterwards and discuss your technique over a few waters?

Hello one and all!

I am new in Munich and dying to get back into Cricket. To start with, I'd love to come down and meet some of the guys at the ground. Are you guys in practice tomorrow? And is the ground the same as shown on your website?

I'd really appreciate a few replies... Hoping to hear from you soon :-)

Akshat.

There are no practices at the moment unfortunately because of school Holidays. How ever there is a game on Saturday starting at 12.30 so feel free to come along then.

Trainings have resumed for the season in the Englischer Garten every friday at 4.30pm - 7.00pm then on to the Chinese tower for beverages. If anyone is interested in playing or just wants to see what its about we welcome you to come on down and introduce yourself. More info can be found here http://www.munichcricket.net/

Hi there!

I moved to Munich for work last summer and back in the UK I have played cricket since I was a kid (i'm 31 now)! I'd love to get involved with the cricket scene here in Munich if you have space for a right arm slow bowler?!

Please could somebody let me know what I should do? I appreciate it's still winter, but figured I would start asking questions now as summer will be here before we know it :)

Cheers

Craig

Didn't know where to stick this but the older cricket players and followers of the most gentlemanly of sports may be interested to know that old Blowers (77), the great cricket commentator, has made his last commentary today and is retiring. His final words: 

Henry Blofeld - BBC Test Match Special:

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is that. Thank you. I must try not to fall over as I hand over to Ed Smith..."

(Henry's father (Thomas Robert Calthorpe Blofeld, 1903–1986) was at Eton with Ian Fleming and his name is believed to have been the inspiration for the name of James Bond supervillain, Ernst Stavro Blofeld.)