Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wertheim Village - factory outlets near Würzburg

9 posts in this topic

post-9317-1174041278.jpg
After a great night out in Frankfurt, we were making our back to Munich. We were driving on the A3, and less than an hour into our journey, we noticed what appeared to be a large castle-like structure off of exit 66. As the three of us in the car are inquisitive by nature, we decided to drive over to take a look. What we uncovered is Wertheim Village, Germany’s leading outlet and discount shopping destination.

Wertheim Village is located in the town of Wertheim, about half way between Frankfurt and Würburg. It boasts more than 85 fashion and designer brands to service the needs of each member of your family. A few designer labels with boutiques in the village include Armani, Versace, Longchamp, La Perla and Rene Lezard. Other brands include, but are not limited to Le Creuset, The Nike Factory, Tommy Hilfiger, Mexx, Hallhuber, Lacoste, Levi, Samsonite, The Body Shop and Oneida.

One of our favorites for the day was Candle Lite, which had lovely smelling candles, similar to Yankee Candle in the USA. Another was the Oneida store where one of us purchased a gorgeous set of flatware at less than half of the cost. The Le Creuset store was a mini ‘mecca’ for me, with prices beginning at 30% below normal prices.

For those avid outlet shoppers, Wertheim Village offers free admission to their ‘VIP Club’. The complimentary membership includes exclusive offers such as special invitations for shopping events with 10% off discount vouchers and semi-annual VIP Pre-Sale events with additional reductions up to 30%. Additional exclusive offers are sent by email.

All of that shopping builds up quite an appetite, however for now there are only few options. We ate at La Piazza which serves great pizzas, delicious-looking pasta dishes and salads. If you only need to refuel quickly those batteries, San Francisco Coffee Company is your other option. If neither of those sound appealing, there is a McDonald’s at the bottom of the hill.

This is going to sound strange, but we were particularly impressed with the size of the bathrooms. They were Americanesque in that the stalls were spacious and provided a convenient ledge to hold all of your newly purchased treasures.

Of course there is a downside for those of you who like to bring your dogs along with you: Wertheim Village does not allow dogs. The shopping complex, however, provides a complimentary doggie ‘hostel’ of sorts and they promise your pet will be well-looked after.

Note: This shopping center is brand new, so a few of the stores are not open yet.

Hours of Operation:

Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm, with occasional Sunday openings (see website for details).

How to get there:

- By Car take the A3 to Exit 66, follow the signs

- By Shuttle Bus- a ‘Romantic Road’ shuttle service departs daily at 8am from the main station in Frankfurt. Service begins on 01 April. Tickets can be purchased in advance through the Wertheim Village website.

Our excursion out to Wertheim Village was well worth it. Happy shopping!

For further details, see the Wertheim Village website, which is available in German and English.

Thanks for the info Wahoo! Hope you get a frontpage for it :) I like the style of the buildings, quite fairground-like.

Its actually been there for quite a while (I remember going a couple of years ago) but they've recently been expanding it. Its the sam company who have them all over Europe including Maastricht and Bicester.

I was just there this week actually! They also have a closer one near Munich in Ingolstadt called Ingolstadt Village. It is smaller than Wertheim but also has Le Creuset and the added plus of Miss Sixty/Energy and they are expanding it as well.

I was just at Wertheim Village this week and read that it will be open this Sunday for shopping. They already had all their Spring stuff out when I was there and some really cute wedges at Pepe Jeans I was tempted to get.

need help to know 1) whether Wertheim Village provide tax return service for international clients to refund it in the airport? 2) are most of its goods are discount goods, or only a few items are?

I was under the impression that pretty much ALL stores can provide you with the tax refund documents.