Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Diana Kerry in Munich

10 posts in this topic

According to the city's office of statistics there are approximately 5,100 U.S. citizens living in Munich. Of these more than 1,000 are known to have registered to vote in the forthcoming federal elections on November 2nd. The remainder are either unware that they are entitled to an overseas postal vote, or they simply don't care. Of those that do care, local campaign groups estimate that 75% will be voting Democrat (i.e. for Kerry) and 25% Republican (i.e. for Bush). This is in stark contrast to the U.S. based polls which currently put Bush marginally ahead: Gallup, Prez Track. Why are Americans in Munich so overwhelmingly in favour of Kerry? Presumably Americans abroad are, by definition, more worldly aware and thus more conscious of problems with the current administration's foreign policy. I wonder whether Bush himself can even locate Munich on a map of Europe? John Kerry almost certainly can because his sister, Diana, once lived here for a few years. And this weekend she was back! On Friday you could meet her in person at the Wirtshaus in der Au, and on Saturday at San Francisco Coffee on Odeonsplatz on Saturday 4th. For details, ...

john_and_diana_kerry.jpg

John Kerry and his sister Diana

Diana Kerry Reception

Wirtshaus in der Au, Valentin Saal

Lilienstrasse 51 (S-Bahn Isartor)

Friday 3rd September 2004 - 6pm to 10pm

Entry: €35

Diana Kerry Voter Registration Event

San Francisco Coffee House, Odeonsplatz (U-Bahn 3,4,5,6)

Saturday 4th September 2004 - 2:30 to 5:30 pm

Bush Will Win...Kerry doesn't have a plan or a clue What to do.

Sounds like you are describing Bush.

Kerry's sister doesn't have a clue either.

rushlimbaugh.com

I'm guessing a good two thirds of TT readers will NOT be voting in this election on account of not being U.S. citizens. If you're one of that majority, you can go cast your vote here instead: us-election.com. At the time I write this, Kerry leads Bush by 400%. I guess it's quite clear that although the U.S. itself appears to be just about in favour of Bush, the rest of the world is rooting for Kerry.

A friend of mine just said, 'I heard you went to see Jim Carey's sister at the weekend'. I thought that was funny. Shows how much some people know, or even care, about this election.

el rushbo is the man!

_4MoreYears!_

It's just too too bad that the rest of the world can't vote in the upcoming election...isn't it? I say thank God this is the case. When will these Euro-weenies learn? Go SwiftVets! And Zell miller too!

John Kerry For president...of FRANCE.

It is amazing to me that Kerry tries to label Bush as a draft doger. I thought that was Clinton? John Edwards...where was he during Viet Nam? He didn't serve, so why should he want a position that is just a heart-beat away from the Presidency? That's what they said about Dan Quale...who did serve in the National Guard. It's all just another Democratic flip-flop.

I actually voted for John Kerry before I voted against him.

Go SwiftVets!

The bottom line is that the world would rather have a weak easily influenced person person who has European values leading the US rather than someone who firmly stands his ground on what most believe will help conserve an American way of life...

A draft dodger is someone who illegally refuses to serve. Neither is a draft dodger.

Dear Diana,

You're doing a great job. I have heard from a friend in Kuala Lumpur that he had great difficulty getting through to the American Embassy there in order to send an absentee ballot. He said he really wanted to vote, but in the end gave up. I will forward his message to you if you wish. Anyone you can notify about the problem in KL?

I'm really glad your brother is getting tough about Iraq.

Good luck!

Halimah Brugger