Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

World press photos at the Hauptbahnhof

7 posts in this topic

If you happen to be passing Munich central station this week, make sure you check out the World Press Photo 04 exhibt in the main ticket hall. On display are a selection of over one hundred award winning press photos from the past year. The photos are mainly of war and terror, but there are also pictures from the world of sport, adventure, and lifestyle. All the photos are on the website, but the large, poster-sized, print versions look much better and are displayed with detailed captions. Definitely worth a look if you have 10 minutes to fill before catching your train!

suburban_fetishes.jpg

Jon, 30, wears diapers because he likes

to feel urine against his skin.

Photo by Sandy Nicholson

That is so gross about that guy in the pic liking to feel urine against his skin. Yuk!

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

i stopped by yesterday before getting on the train and 10 minutes isn't nearly enough to soak in the impressions left. i unfortunately started with the "lifestyle" side of the exhibition and took the big smile i had glued to my face directly into the "war" section and was floored at the photo of a Liberian holding up a decapitated head. does a lot for your emotions. i thought i'd save the sport section for another trip.

Some of these photos aren't for the squeamish kebab eater. If you see these pics with a unsettled stomach, be prepared to make an artistic statement at the hauptbahnhof...

passing through the train station this a.m. at 6.30, i noticed the exhibition is gone. sad, had high quality photography. wonder what DB's gonna do now to pep up the train station.

The photo exhibit was a nice and surprising find in the usually drab Hbf. I liked how it was set up: benign photos on the outside that reeled you in, stark reality on the inside. Sorry to hear it's gone already.