Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Owen Hargreaves

332 posts in this topic

I my opinion Owen Hargreaves is a great player it really annoys me when people in England suggest he should'nt be in the England team. He is good enough to play for most clubs in England, his pace would a great worry for any player on the opposing side. I think a move to a club like Newcastle would be great for him as he would get in the team every week and would have good players around him. He must be in England the most unpopular memberof the squad , when i went to have his name and number on my England shirt the manager said i was the first person to have HARGREAVES on my shirt. Oh and Jerry stop saying a load of crap Sheffield Wednesday are not gay, he is!!!!!!

ummm...I agree with what Jerry said but I dont think its right to say the stuff about selling him and buying new players cuz he wouldnt get bayern any money!

Andrew...ur obviously a little English lad...too bad for u...my deepest sympathies and regrets 4 u... but u cant do anything about it i suppose...also I never knew there was a team like Sheffield Wednesday...but u gotta admit that is one gay name!

God Shave the Queen! Cheerio!

most of u r just so ungrateful. Hargreaves was one of the few who played beautifully in the World Cup. he is a great footballer and i would luv it if he went to my club favorite, MANCHESTER UNITED.

Owen Hargreaves is great, in the 70th minute or so of matches and he is brought on for Scholes or Gerrard in the midfield, you can really notice the pace he injects into the game. He is a very exciting player, but because he is the least well known of the England squad with players like David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Micheal Owen overshadowing him all the time, people dislike him. I think its unfair, Hargreaves will shine one day you just watch. A Premiership move will help him further!

Unless players like Hargreaves, young and creative with relentless energy, are played in favour of distracted, underskilled and overrated hacks like Beckham, England will continue to fail miserably on the world stage. Just look at Scolari, and how someone of the stature of Figo is not too big a name to substitute for in a key game. I say, get Scholes and Beckham out of there more often, and get players like Hargreaves on the field to develop their skills, and, more importantly, win some games.

he should play for chelsea.that would make him better because he would be playing in the best championship in the world and it would make chelsea a lot stronger.

owen is the king of the football

hello MaxOfX can you msn?

I think he's a great player, but needs to move to the Premiership to help his career, especially his england career. So what if hes not fully english, he chose england over Canada (his home country), and Germany (a great team), so i'm glad to have him on the team, who wouldnt want a great player on their team?

Dave...I think you need to learn a few lessons...

1. The Premiere League is NOT the "best championship in the world". Far from it...it is possibly the worst of the top 5 leagues (Spain, Italy,Germany, France and England)if not second worst.

2. Chelsea, is NOT a soccer team. They have a mega bucks but thats about it. They can probably buy any player they want but fact is that because it is in the premiere league it can only buy players who realoly want the money e.g. Makelele or Crespo. Other players who really have talent and care more about the type of club and league they play in. Take for example Deco. He was offered contracts by both Chelsea and Barcelona. Chelsea were thought to have the upper hand because they had employed his former coach and friend Jose Mourinho. He recently signed for Barcelona. His reasoning:"I spoke to Mourinho and he wanted me for Chelsea but I chose Barca because it's a bigger club with a better history."

(http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n04070701.shtml)

Anyway I'm fed up of trying to knock some sense in to you. Did that enlighten you? I hope it did.

hargreaves is a good player...will be excellent for both england and whichever club he's going to choose to play for in the future...i seriously don't hink he'll stay long in bayern...deco is a shithole...bloody diver i'm glad barca have that kinda player now...i don't understand how you people can highly rate him...one of the best playmakers in europe my ass

I heard a rumour he is a gypsy? Any truth behind that one.

A few years back I remember reading about Hargreaves in all the sports papers back in Calgary. I haven't been able to watch him play yet but considering he's coming from a Soccer (Football) deprived country such as Canada he's on his way. The guy has talent and is young. But he's not that young anymore. He will easily surpass the talent of some of the other 'superstars' in a few years. Better then Beckham now...i don't know...after the bum shot B made in the EuroCup even I would look good. lol.

Couple years and Hargreaves will shine at the World Cup.

Go Calgary

England team player Scholes has retired from the England team, which leaves a gap for a player like Herr Hargreaves to fill. I would like to see him start England games more often instead of being brought on as cavalry late in. Okay, so he will make mistakes and some will be howlers, but he has to do that in order to learn and become a regular player. The next few years i think will 'make' him as a fine international and Premier League player.

I remember watching Owen play for the Calgary Summer Games (Under - 13) team many moons back and then in an excellent Foothills team as a junior. I was coaching the Under -13 Girls in the same tournament and marvelled at his skills at such a young age. He met his current girlfriend at that tournament and they are apparently still an 'item'. Apparently there is a move to Spurs in the works - he could do worse - Spurs are building well and have an excellent European coach in Jacques Santini. We in Calgary are very proud of Owen and amazed at his success. We wish him nothing but good fortune!

Should take up the option to go to Spurs...young side lots of England players and on the up. Go for it Owen

I think Owen is a very good player. He may have been born in Calgary, but he is English at heart. So those who say he shouldn't play for England need to stop talking.

I think he would be a very nice fit in the England midfield. Especially now that Paul (I forgot how to score goals) Scholes has retired.

Hargreaves Gerrard Lampard Beckham

That looks pretty good to me.

Owen is a cracking player but he can be a bit unpredictable and make some silly errors.However, over time [and a possible move to premiership???]he will be quite simply MESMERISING!!!!! Great free kick and corner taker too and a really genuine, down to earth bloke. Shame he's a shhep shagging kraut but, hey, what da heck, you cant av it all can you???!!!